Cat in Christmas tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veggielot View Post
    Does anyone have any tips on how to stop my cat climbing our Christmas tree?
    Lay the tree on its side.

replace the baubles with mouse traps

Tie a large dog to the tree

Place a little tape recorder in the tree playing party political broadcasts or max bygraves records

Spray the tree with another cats urine

Glue a toy puppy to a childs remote controled car and park it under the tree, when the cat approaches chase him off with the car

A train set going round and round the bottom

Reduce the problem by half by having another tree on the other side of the room

A plastic hose pipe leading from your chair into the tree, when the cat approaches hiss into the pipe.

I'm done.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Bill, you really are certifiable!

Nutter!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
        He used to have a go at the baubles on the tree in years gone by....
        That's reminded me; we did have one, R.D., who used to crunch up glass baubles with evident enjoyment. The first time cost us most of our savings at the vet, they kept him in for observation, fed him greasy stuff to coat the glass etc. He was fine, not bothered in the slightest. The next year I didn't put anything crunchy on the tree - everything was shatterproof - but the DD, who was 6 (ish) put on a pretty blue bauble and I didn't notice it was glass. Crunchity munchity, back to the vet, more of the same, cat was fine.......we gave up after that, he really looked forward to it every year!! Never once did he come to any harm in the 21 Christmasses we had him.
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

All my cats have played with the bell decorations- so we place them right at the bottom so there's no need to investigate further up.
          We do however tie the top of the tree to a hook in the wall...just in case!

Our first cat sprayed the tree the first year we had him...( yup he was neutered) and all the pressies stank of pee
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have also been known to tie the top of my tree to a light or a curtain pole! Our old Cat would sit and tap the lower baubles, and threaten to climb the tree, but I don't recall her ever climbing it.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

we had this problem when we had cats: they loved playing with decorations.

We solved it easily with festive spirit - placed prickly green holly round the base of the tree. Cats dislike holly.

Job done. And holly is festive - (and it grows in our garden so free)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X