Cat in Christmas tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat in Christmas tree

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop my cat climbing our Christmas tree?

Ours have never done it, not in the thirty years we've had cats. But they love to sit underneath it, like so many patterned presents. We've eight just now and they don't climb it at all.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Hahaha! Cats love trees! You could squirt a small jet of water at your Cat, say from a squeezy/trigger bottle, each time it goes near the tree. Failing that, don't let it in the room with the tree!

No, it's not at all harmful to the Cat, before anyone starts - I am an animal lover, after all!
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 16-12-2013, 04:58 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggielot View Post
        Does anyone have any tips on how to stop my cat climbing our Christmas tree?
        Well the only thing I can think of is not having a Christmas tree - let's face it, if you were a cat and someone put a giant climbing frame in the corner full of dangly shiny things, you wouldn't be anywhere else, would you?!

You could always take a photo and put it on here - it won't stop the cat, but it would give us all a giggle!

Sorry, not helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          Hahaha! Cats love trees! You could squirt a small jet of water at your Cat, say from a squeezy/trigger bottle, each time it goes near the tree.
          Right - because we all know how well water and fairy lights go, don't we?

D'oh at G4!!!
          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-12-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

None of our other cats ever bothered about the tree. The one we have know is very enquisitive and a great climber. We got her a couple of years ago when she climb in our upstairs window so should not be surprised she climbs the tree. Just hoping someone might have a solution.

Comment

Sorry, Veggie, we haven't been much use.

Try G4's spray bottle solution. You may only have to squirt once or twice before she gets the message. If your fairy lights are indoor/outdoor you'll be fine.
              Last edited by julesapple; 16-12-2013, 05:16 PM.
              Jules

Comment

If you fail to stop him/her then sprinkle glitter over it, may as well take advantage of the situation. A bell may also add to decorative value.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  You could always take a photo and put it on here - it won't stop the cat, but it would give us all a giggle!
                  If I don't manage to keep her off will try, although it tends to a case of rescueing the tree so not always time to grab a camara.

Comment

We have two kittens this year and so far so good. They are tempted by the baubles and lametta but haven't tried to climb. They are enjoying sitting under it as Evie demonstrates:
                    Attached Files

Comment

D'oh! Right back at you Hazel, you numpty - I meant whilst the Cat is approaching the tree, not to wait until it's already climbing the ruddy thing! I'm not THAT daft!

Comment

That's a beautiful Cat, Wendy.

Comment

Oh Wendy! Evie is just gorgeous!!

The Gussie Muppet is very cute - you just can't see much of him

Jules

Comment

Yep, a very good looking cat you have there, Wendy, and Gussie muppet looking very cute, Jules.

I'm going to try to get Domino to wear a Santa hat later so I can take a pic for my Christmas avatar (wish me luck on that one!). He used to have a go at the baubles on the tree in years gone by, but his naughtiness only extends to loitering behind the tree these days - he does is because he knows it drives me mad and I have to get up and go and see what he is up to.

Comment

Sounds like the crafty wotsit has you well-trained, Hazel!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X