Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

annoying neighbours in the garden, whats up with them!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at this time of year I inundate anyone who asks with massive quantities of oversized courgettes on a daily basis,after a week they usually hide behind the curtains and pretend to be out.It's always fun to wait for them to emerge and just be lucky enough to catch them on the way out.
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Would it be wrong to stick googly eyes on them when trying to give them away?

Comment

I frequently give surplus produce to my neighbours, because they are lovely and I like them.

I have a neighbour who asked for some runner beans, but I wasn't that friendly with them and they lived a good 10 doors away. They got a carry bag full the other day, not sure what they thought of them. They were a little too old for my liking, a bit tough and would have ended up on the compost anyway.

I wonder if they'll ask again?
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

My neighbour is really annoying! Every time I see him he insists I have some fresh eggs He's just so persistent but it would be rude of me to tell him to stop I'm going to offload some tomatoes on him today - that'll teach him for being such a nuisance.

Comment

One of my Horsey chums grows her own veg, and has far too much of it. She very kindly took a bag of assorted produce to the stables for everyone to help themselves. No one took the french beans, so after a week I took them home and composted them, so she didn't see them rotting in the bag. Bit of a waste, I know, but I had been given loads already.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Why don't you tell your neighbour that you're part of a trial where human waste is being used. Actually, scrap that.

First ask her if she's noticed how much better the last couple of freebies have been and THEN explain that you were part of a human waste trial.

Comment

I have a pain in my face with my neighbours on one side is a 70 year old man that stands in his garden from 7am till 10pm watching everything that moves, on the other side is a family from hell, always 1 of them just standing at the door like stalkers. would this bother you or am i just to sensitive

Comment

Originally posted by hadenuf View Post
                  I have a pain in my face with my neighbours on one side is a 70 year old man that stands in his garden from 7am till 10pm watching everything that moves, on the other side is a family from hell, always 1 of them just standing at the door like stalkers. would this bother you or am i just to sensitive
                  I think you are maybe being a bit too sensitive Hadenuf. As to the 70 year old, maybe he is watching the birds - better than watching daytime TV. He is probably lonely. Surely he must go indoors for lunch? Why are you bothered about your neighbours being in their gardens?

Comment

Are they watching you hadenuf, or just outside enjoying the fresh air?
                    There are far worse things that neighbours can do than stand around in the gardens

Comment

It wouldn't bother me I'd just say hello and give them a wave then if they don't speak back I'd just ignore them and carry on enjoying my garden.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I've just moved and it took about a month for one of the neighbours to realise I was the new owner. At the time he was cutting some of my hedge that grew into an alleyway he "needs" for access. Since then I've seen him twice and each time he's asking so many questions about the "junk" in my garden and telling me what needs pruning etc. He's even dropped off cuttings about tree surgeons. I did tell him I'd get rid of some of the trees, but it's not my biggest priority just yet. I've barely finished unpacking, there's DIY and decorating to do inside. The holy tree thats growing over to another neighbours garden can just wait. Especially as that neighbour doesn't seem to have a problem with it and it gives privacy (haven't met them) I've so many jobs to do in the garden, just getting the main part of it into shape, I can do without him, creating more jobs for me.

A neighbour standing in their garden all day is a bit odd, but just try saying hi?
                        http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenuf View Post

Have you checked to see if he is dead?
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

W. H. Davies

Leisure

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
                            We have no time to stand and stare?—
                            No time to stand beneath the boughs,
                            And stare as long as sheep and cows:

No time to see, when woods we pass,
                            Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:

No time to see, in broad daylight,
                            Streams full of stars, like skies at night:

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
                            And watch her feet, how they can dance:

No time to wait till her mouth can
                            Enrich that smile her eyes began?

A poor life this if, full of care,
                            We have no time to stand and stare.

Comment

My neighbour on the one side was very friendly, always offering to help or lend me something, in short perfect. Then he applied for planning permission to build a huge extension to his house right on my boundary. It would have cut the sun off from my garden until 11 am each day. My wife and I discussed it at length it seemed unneighbourly to object but it was unneighbourly to build it right on our boundary.
                              I went to talk to him, asked if he could move it a couple of meters away from the boundary or reduce the height? He said it was already scaled down so as not to annoy us and if I objected he would revert to the even bigger scheme. I wrote a letter of objection and his plans were turned down on the grounds that he had already had two extensions and a third would be overdevelopment, not because it would block my light.
                              He doesnt speak to me anymore, its very sad, I have spoken to him and his family they just grunt and walk off. I am naturally very friendly and it has hurt me a lot.
                              Surely it was as much my right to object as it was his right to apply.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

after reading all posts i think its just me but i would like to come home from work one day and not have to walk past them in 15 years i dont think i ever came home and they were not standing there in there gardens. just sick of the sight of them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X