Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

annoying neighbours in the garden, whats up with them!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they usually wave but if i'm in a bad mood or say i've had some bad news i just want to get in to my house without speaking to them but it seems impossible without me looking like a bad guy

Comment

Just wave, smile (even if you don't mean it). say something about the weather and walk in to your home.
      Do it every day and it becomes easier , automatic even.
      Its a good job you don't live next door to me.....I'd make you talk - just saying

Comment

I have lovely neighbours,probably cos on both sides they are often away , but we have had in the past, when house on one side was let out, nightmare on occasions,banging doors,loud music, scrapping chairs etc, think quiet lovely neighbours are perfect.

Bit worried, cos one had just been sold!

Quiet neighbours who just stand in their gardens,may not be so bad.
        DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Just wave, smile (even if you don't mean it). say something about the weather and walk in to your home.
          Do it every day and it becomes easier , automatic even.
          Its a good job you don't live next door to me.....I'd make you talk - just saying
          thanks i have been doing that but in the last few years i just dont feel like it anymore i would like some privacy maybe i'm getin old and grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
            I have lovely neighbours,probably cos on both sides they are often away , but we have had in the past, when house on one side was let out, nightmare on occasions,banging doors,loud music, scrapping chairs etc, think quiet lovely neighbours are perfect.

Bit worried, cos one had just been sold!

Quiet neighbours who just stand in their gardens,may not be so bad.
            yes thats true thanks

Comment

I'm sure you're not old and grumpy - whatever you think
              We used to do a thing in work where, if we wanted to get on with something and not be disturbed, we'd wear a hat at our desks Perhaps you could try that

Comment

We used to do a thing in work where, if we wanted to get on with something and not be disturbed, we'd wear a hat at our desks Perhaps you could try that
                People probably didn't disturb you cos they thought you were deranged...........
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yes thats a good idea, i have been using headphones but they are not a nice family and if i seem ignorant to them their son who lives with them is in his late 40's and what we call scum might cause trouble for me so just have to say hello i suppose

Comment

Hadenuf, at least they communicate with you. Personally I'd rather that than be blanked. Just put your hand up or nod. It'll become automated like wot VC says.

Some of our neighbours are friendly, some are over friendly and some give me the distinct impression that they haven't really taken to us. Fortunately with regard to the latter; we didn't move here expecting to be bessy friends with everyone. I just get on with my thing and will continue to do so.
                    While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenuf View Post
                      after reading all posts i think its just me but i would like to come home from work one day and not have to walk past them in 15 years i dont think i ever came home and they were not standing there in there gardens. just sick of the sight of them
                      Suggestion:

Get their phone number and ring it just before you get home, they will go to answer it leaving you a clear run.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                        Suggestion:

Get their phone number and ring it just before you get home, they will go to answer it leaving you a clear run.
                        Haha, that is funny!
                        DottyR

Comment

Another suggestion:

One day when you are feeling good and strong: Stand out there yourself and watch them, dark glasses? See what reaction you get?
                          DottyR

Comment

haha thanks for the advice i tried that sure when im working on the house or in the garden they stare at me till i look away. friends and family who visit always say they dont know how i put up with it. starting to get to me now to be honest thinkin of selling up and moving

Comment

[QUOTE=Suggestion:

Get their phone number and ring it just before you get home, they will go to answer it leaving you a clear run.[/QUOTE]

I use this when my elderly neighbour opposite is being bothered by one of the door to door religious sales we get round here. If I see she's been caught I ring her. She then can get rid of them to answer the phone. I let her know I was me and then we can all get on. She has memory problems and so is, I feel, quite vulnerable. Is quite funny watching as she gets rid of them when I know why the phone is ringing.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenuf View Post
                                haha thanks for the advice i tried that sure when im working on the house or in the garden they stare at me till i look away. friends and family who visit always say they dont know how i put up with it. starting to get to me now to be honest thinkin of selling up and moving
                                Seems rather sad that you are thinking of moving,because of these people, cos you never know they might even move first. They obviously make you feel uncomfortable and that just isn't right.

Sorry, without reading right back to the beginning I can't remember if you said you have ever spoken to them? Maybe as someone said the old chap is just lonely, and likes to see what you are doing? The family on your other side sound different tho, are they harassing you? Do they own or rent the property ? You maybe able to do something.
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X