This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    I'm going to upset a lot of people now, but it really is far too ruddy warm.
    [...]
    I love a warm sunny day like the next person, but I just can't cope with this temperature
    I can't hack it either. Out with the dog this morning, watered the tunnel, came home and hid for the rest of the day. Even pegging the washing out has been torture

Comment

But I do like Tennis! Haven't watched it though.

My rant: Dogs that fit through a small gap to get where they want to go, but can't possibly fit through one twice the size to get back again.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        I'm going to upset a lot of people now, but it really is far too ruddy warm.

I have been really looking forward to going out to a function this weekend, but it was held outside, in the full sun, and I just cannot cope with the heat. Instead, I am indoors, with the doors and windows open, and the curtains closed, doing housework, and sorting wardrobes and drawers full of clothes, and washing things that have been stored for too long and smell musty. At least it'll all dry quickly.

In between that, I'm catching up on Hubby's paperwork. Fun.
        I love a warm sunny day like the next person, but I just can't cope with this temperature
        I'm with you G4, 29.9 here in salisbury. Have emptied 8+ water butts, and resent using a hose as we're on a water meter. Am away for a week this coming Thurs and despair how the garden, g/house/veg plot will survive. Bring on some rain.

Comment

My rant of the day....
          Other people's music out of doors.
          A beautiful day spoiled by teenagers two doors down blasting 'rap cr@p' so the whole neighbourhood hears it. Even had it been my taste in music, I still abhor it.

Comment

Folks moaning about this wonderful weather..................its turned the gardening year round.

Potty
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
              Folks moaning about this wonderful weather..................its turned the gardening year round.

Potty
              We're Brithish it's our cultural heritage to moan about the weather. We're just not happy with extremes are we.

Comment

New satellite internet - meant to be $60 a month instead of $69.95 - and I've just got a first invoice for $121.33. We are on a shaped plan so there should be no extra charges at all. So skint atm - have taken all money (such as there is) out of the bank a/c so that I can pay other bills later in the fortnight, and not have it pinched out by this crowd. Just sent off an email - the invoice is not even detailed! Too angry to talk to them in person - not that they are useful anyway, hardly any english, and all they say is the same thing over and over.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post

Potty
                  It's turned the gardening year into a drought for me, and therefore nothing like wonderful Hauling 110 litres of water down a very long allotment path isn't my idea of fun!

Comment

Itchy eyes!

Comment

Note to self (for the one MILLIONTH time! ) - do not use bleach in the sink unless you are either wearing (a) no clothes, (b) old clothes, or (c) a waterproof apron.

Do not - and I repeat, do NOT - think 'oh I'm being really careful with this tiny amount of bleach - really REALLY careful'. Because you are NOT - and yes, not only is that favourite skirt going in the bin, but the vest top is too.

Bloody brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                        Note to self (for the one MILLIONTH time! ) - do not use bleach in the sink unless you are either wearing (a) no clothes, (b) old clothes, or (c) a waterproof apron.

Do not - and I repeat, do NOT - think 'oh I'm being really careful with this tiny amount of bleach - really REALLY careful'. Because you are NOT - and yes, not only is that favourite skirt going in the bin, but the vest top is too.

Bloody brilliant.
                        Bleach tie die them...

Much better spilling it on clothes rather than bedroom carpet. Eek. I see the spot every time I go in that room.
                        Last edited by alldigging; 08-07-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

^^ I second the call to bleach tie dye them!

Comment

Sarz have you thought of something like the rolling water barrels that caravaner's use?

Could take some of the strain.

Potty
                            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Someone's robbed our magazine

Phoned up and it has been sent a while ago but looks like a light fingered postie has had it, they are sending a new one out so hopefully we should get that one!
                              The Masons...AKA...Layla & Mark.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.......

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                                Bleach tie die them...
                                Originally posted by Indigo23 View Post
                                ^^ I second the call to bleach tie dye them!
                                I am so cross with myself I could spit - it's not that the skirt was expensive (half price at BHS about 5yrs ago if I remember correctly), it's just that I find it a nightmare to clothes shop as I never know what suits me, and THIS, this little cheap skirt has turned out to be both comfy and flattering.

I'm not very creative and don't know if tie-dying will just make me look like the victim of an acid attack but I guess I can't make it any worse than it is. Better get googling and see how to do it...

Thanks both.

Oh - a slight positive is that the bleach on the vest top is right on the hem and I can turn it up half an inch and it will be good as new.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X