Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onset of a migrainous attack I think. That or sinus. Pill time...sigh.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

acting out scenarios this afternoon.............help!!!!! I hate any form of acting....... nerves are jangling .....

Comment

Dead fox at the top of the road. I hope it wasn't a vixen with cubs hidden somewhere
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
          Got a sore eye this morning.
          I've got two: my hayfever is stronger than the medication I'm taking for it, and my eyes have just broken out into itching (whereas normally they just stream like I'm crying, all morning).
          The first ray of sun, and I've had to come indoors & shut the sunshine out (sob) and take a double-dose of antihistamine

How can a gardener have hayfever? It's like Clarkson having a petrol allergy. It's not fair.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

The person in the plot next to me has just taken their plot on and it's in the same state as mine.

I went down this evening and they dumped all the rubbish from their plot on to mine!!! Lots of old metal and wire. It went flying back

RUDE!!!!

Comment

CentRE! That's ending with R then E. Center is the American spelling, centRE and metRE are the English spelling.

Thanks.
              Last edited by SarzWix; 04-07-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

....and it's nuCLear not nucular (the clue is in the spelling - idiots) grrrr
                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

So how does AL-OO-MIN-UM make you guys feel? Shaky, sweaty?

No rant today. I've given up ranting about the morning pain in my feet, knees and hip, it seems they're here to stay. I just take an Oxy with a black coffee and play on the Vine until I can get up again
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

The mint I was going to make wine from is full of bugs. Urgh. Cookoo spit galore and tons of little black things.

Comment

Neighbours who cut down MY brambles to allow THEM access to MY garden! I purposely let them grow there to keep YOU OUT!!

She came round to ask permission to come in and cut down her overgrown shrubs, permission was granted, and in conversation I happened to mention the Chooks' electric fence. Her response was "Oh, I didn't realise it was electric!" then "Is that to keep foxes out?" My response was, "It's to keep everything out, and the Chooks in."

Would've been nice if the cheeky cow had asked BEFORE her reccy!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Thoughtless 'friend' knowing what I do for a (meagre) living, offers a gardening job to a mutual chum, who doesn't do it for a living.

It's OK, when someone wants a hairdresser, I'll give them someone else's number instead of yours...

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                          The mint I was going to make wine from is full of bugs. Urgh. Cookoo spit galore and tons of little black things.
                          Then wash it dear Alldigging, wash it my dear

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                            Then wash it dear Alldigging, wash it my dear
                            It was too depressing. I was covering in cuckoo spit and the little black things didn't want to come off at all. I've got another plant on the plot so I'll have a look at that one. I don't normally mind bugs and stuff but today am just not in the right frame of mind for making bug jam.
                            Part of me did actually think 'buugger it, they don't take the maggots out of apples when they make cider.." ..
                            Last edited by alldigging; 05-07-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Filled my DIESEL car with £70 worth of unleaded petrol. Didn't realise until I'd driven two miles home wondering why car was labouring. Previous car was designed so unleaded nozzle wouldn't fit and guess what - I never tried! Before that I had a diesel van and an unleaded hybrid and never came close to misfueling either of them.

Anyway, called out one of the mobile companies that claims to be able to deal with this sort of thing - man spent four and a half hours failing to fix my car while I was at work. My partner finally suggested it might be wise for him to give up (and refused to pay) when he started hitting things with a hammer!

Next day called AA who sent someone else round. He fixed it in less than an hour after telling us the previous twit had drained it from the wrong place so there was still half a tank of unleaded in it and had then re-attached the fuel hoses the wrong way round. I had other plans for the £212 it cost me but compared to the £7000 I'd read on the internet I might have to pay it's peanuts.

Does this still count as a rant if I'm philosophical about it at the end?
                              Last edited by bumpybabemagnet; 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Oh BUMMOCKS BBM - what a pain. I've not done it, yet, and I hope I never do. I tend to stick to diesels anyway, but I guess it'll happen one day.

My third rant of the day? People that put on a TV program either on the telly, or the iPad, then go out the room to do sommat else! Yes, I KNOW I have ranted about this before, and probably MORE THAN ONCE, but that's because he does it regularly, and it drives me RUDDY POTTY, OK!!!!!?
                                Last edited by Glutton4...; 05-07-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X