Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd resent that mum did all the fun bits and I was the muggins at the pc too, Jules!

What about if your mum could do something that you normally do which would free you up to do the website maintenance?

I'm thinking that (assuming she's nearby) she could come round on a Monday morning (say) and do a couple of hours of your ironing while you upload this weeks photos/new items. Then you can pack and post the week's sales items together and take them to the PO. Then go for lunch while you're out!

Comment

Mum is miles away in Northamptonshire, Hazel. I'm in Somerset.

Sometimes I think it'd be great if she lived down here, but she'd probably walk in and say something along the lines of 'Haven't you done all of the housework yet? Have you dusted the door tops?' My mother is the only person I know who goes looking for more housework when she's done everything obvious. She irons bras (even padded ones) knickers and socks.......we'd drive each other bonkers!

She's coming down the week after next. I just know she's going say 'Ok, we've got an hour - let's build this website then......'
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
        Mum is miles away in Northamptonshire, Hazel. I'm in Somerset.
        After reading your post, maybe that's just as well!

Comment

I always find it quite amusing that Mum started out in her own home with no mod cons whatsoever, so she knows very well just how long housework used to take, but nowadays she thinks it's so quick that I should've cleaned the house from top to bottom in ten minutes

I will sit down with her to do some website building, and photo editing, because I think it'll help her understand what goes into it, and just how time consuming it is.

And I think she might back off a little once she sees my fifties style dresses as they'll bring back memories......I've seen the photos of Ma in the 50s!

Wonder if my fox fabric will arrive from South Dakota today? It's possible, but pushing it a bit......
          Jules

Comment

Permission to show off........

.......My self-designed skirt. I'm very pleased with it. Looks lovely on, too.

Jules

Comment

Jules!!! I love it!

Is the website for selling your stuff? Do you make to order?
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

How lovely!

I bet it swishes doesn't it...
                Last edited by alldigging; 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyColdNose View Post
                  Jules!!! I love it!

Is the website for selling your stuff? Do you make to order?
                  That was the idea - except if I have to spend all day setting up a site and doing SEO, I won't have time to sew as well as look after my cripple. So I'm looking for someone to build me a website very cheaply......

If you want one, PM me.
                  Jules

Comment

wooooooooooo i'm soooooooooooooooo jealous, all that loverly material, i'm taking over the spare room once the kitchen's done(full of new kitchening things at the mo!)
                    I could just sit in your workroom and soak up the atmosphere, fantastic!

Comment

It is nice now, Mrs W. It gets the afternoon sun too, so once I'm done with the chores I can sit in the brightness & warmth and sew. I count myself very lucky!
                      Jules

Comment

I'm a bit late to this party but OMG Jules, don't ever let me come round to yours. I'd have you under the patio and assume your identity within minutes
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Now look, Seahorse, I'm already using a mouse this morning because my touchpad has given up. Please don't make me knacker my keyboard by spitting coffee all over it....

PMSL
                          Jules

Comment

Well done! It looks very organised. I also have to say I am most jealous! I've always dreamed of a craft room.

Comment

I thought I had died and gone to heaven for a little while then when I saw your stash.
                              I'm also a fabric freak and love sewing.
                              Ive said before in other posts though that I am too vintage myself to wear vintage so it would look daft on me.
                              You go girl... its all good!
                              Lynne x

Comment

WOW, that all looks fantastic. Would love to see more of your work, looking forward to this website. Good luck with that.x
                                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X