X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful. I am deeply envious.

Comment

Yes, I know it's all in spectrum order, but it's so much easier to find what you want that way. And, yes this sow & sew is just a tiny bit anal about it. But it's soooo pretty.......I reckon I'd do the same thing if I planted a big flower garden.

Nics, I'd come and help you stack fabric, but you'd probably have to search my suitcase before I left....

Which red bit? And I'd love people to come and browse......but you can't take any away. Sorry

PS I did went and did some sewing....caught myself trying to pin pattern to interfacing cramped up on the ironing board and then realised I didn't have to do that anymore!
      Last edited by julesapple; 12-04-2013, 06:23 PM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I am soooooo jealous, envious, covetous,green eyed .....................I dont have a work room just a corner of the bedroom and its untidy and I dont have a fraction of your stash!!! Have you been watching the great british sewing bee?
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

It looks fabulously tidy, Jules, but I'm not the least bit jealous. I always HATED needlework classes at school, probably mainly 'cos the housecraft mistress was a tartar - the number of times I had to unpick and redo tacking stitches 'cos they weren't straight or were too long - you wouldn't believe I guess it took all the fun out....

Now, if that was a room of colour co-ordinated pencils/crayons/paints, you couldn't keep me away
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

and did I mention treadle sewing machines, having to spin the wheel to get it moving the right way - cripes, it's all coming back in all its horror!
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

My sewing teacher was much the same MH, if it wasn't good enough. But if she approved you really knew about it. I think that's why I'm as much of a perfectionist as I am - and I inherited it from my Dad too, he's an incredible perfectionist.

My tin of pencils is just the same....I hardly use them though as I'm pretty carp at drawing.

Jardiniere, no...I forgot it was on and nobody in my house is liable to remind me - they're all blokes! Is it good?
              Jules

Comment

now look (Tony Blah used to start hos observations with that). I'm a bloke and to be honest a lovely tidy work room does nowt for me but i do realise how much work you must have gone to to achieve the end result. However,Ido love the pusscat

Comment

That's Cleo - she and I belong to the same Mutual Adoration Society

And I was commenting about my blokes not reminding me that something as drear as a sewing programme might be on tele - because they'd have to give up watching or gaming time.

Would a tidy workshop be more up your street? All those power tools in size or colour order......
                  Jules

Comment

Okies, Tell Cleo I adore her . I do watch cookery programmes and I suppose in terms of crafty type thingies, I do have an interest as I make planters out of old decking boards. Only started doing so when Mrs AP suggested paying a ridiculous amount to Dobbies for a crappie planter and she has been so impressed... Nope tidy powertools doesn't do it for me but I'll happily have anyone tidy my shed (provided I can find everything afterwards). Now did I say I love Cleo?

Comment

I'll tell her....twice. She knows it's her due.....

The planters sound brilliant. So many of the bought ones are rubbishy.
                      Jules

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                        I'll tell her....twice. She knows it's her due.....

The planters sound brilliant. So many of the bought ones are rubbishy.
                        They are really easy to make too. It is even worthwhile buying new decking boards but decently thick ones. My dewalt drill driver makes it a piece of dawdle. Pressie from Mrs AP so she of course thinks she is brilliant as well. Btw. I agree

Comment

There's stash envy, and Stash Envy. I am in the latter camp. Love it, love it, love it.

Comment

Thank you, Hazel. I love it too, now it's tidy.

Every piece of fabric has been refolded and moved (to stop fading) so I've refreshed my memory as to what I have. I've started making dresses & skirts for myself to use up the larger pieces.

I am trying to get a website going for Ma & myself, but that's nearly the same as running fairs - more time spent at the computer than the sewing machine - Mum gets to make stuff, I get to do admin. I wish someone else could build & maintain the site so I can create and sew, but that would cost the earth. Mum keeps nagging me to sew, so I start to sew but for me, so she nags me to build a website but if I spend my time doing that then I can't sew.....I need a lottery win
                            Last edited by julesapple; 12-04-2013, 08:35 PM.
                            Jules

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                              I am trying to get a website going for Ma & myself, but that's nearly the same as running fairs - more time spent at the computer than the sewing machine - Mum gets to make stuff, I get to do admin. I wish someone else could build & maintain the site so I can create and sew, but that would cost the earth. I need a lottery win......
                              I'm sure that this needn't be difficult/expensive (although I recall you have looked into this?).

Can't you find a web design undergrad who needs some 'real life experience'? We quite often get graphic designers straight out of college contact us wanting to do real jobs for free, just so they can add the experience to their CV. You could try the college?

Comment

Oh gosh....I hadn't thought of that. Years ago, the first site I had for the craft fairs was built by the DD's (now ex) BF - he has a degree in computing. But it was so complicated to change things, upload info or pictures that I was nearly in tears every time I had to go near it. It looked wonderful, but I hated it, it was the bain of my days.

I have found a nice site template on Wix and it's quite easy to do, but my main problem (and it sounds horribly, horribly, selfish) is that it's me doing everything. Mum can't do it, she's not good at computers (she's 77) and the two sons I have at home are both very busy. The BH isn't techy enough.

So I'd be running the house and cooking etc, looking after a cripple, building this site and constantly maintaining it. There would be no time to make things to sell on the site. My mental health (which went downhill fast after seven years of doing one or two fairs every weekend, organising, making chocolate & sewing all week) would be back to square one. I can't get my mother to realise this though - she thinks I'm wonderful and can do everything.

I should put this on the rant thread......
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X