• Show
Clear All

Have you got her yet SL???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Dont forget the piccies please

Comment

Everyone should give a second hand pet a chance.

Not really a cat person, as I am hugely allergic, but we got our two dogs from rehoming centres and wouldn't change them for any other dogs in the world now
        Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

We had one of ours as a tiny kitten (she fitted in your hand ) and the other as a few months old and they're both in their mid teens now so getting on a bit. MIL has had a couple of kittens in the past two years and I'd forgotten how mental they are as ours are now so much more chilled. I'm a friend of our local Cats Protection League and they regularly send me lovely piccies of cats that need homes - not fair on our too old ones as they wouldn't like the change but I can already see that when the time comes for a new cat in our place I'd rather have an oldie whereas I think OH would prefer a kitten so there might be an argument to have there but hopefully not for a few years yet

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have got her. Sorry I haven't been back on. Been busy with horsey and house duties! She's been here almost a week now and is settling. Rosco has been such a good boy - I have proper proud mum syndrome! She's a little more uncertain of him, but they're good enough that I can give them both open access around the house when I'm out. I only separate them at night, but that's more because she likes to yowl early in the morning and also even a little hissing isn't fun in the middle of the night.

The CPL lady is on her way to see us now. I'm low on Metacam, so need a fresh lot. As she isn't officially adopted, yet, I can't just get a repeat prescription.

I was told she'd show very little interest in the outside world, but for the first few days she battered the catflap and sat on the windowsill, VERY keen to watch everything out there. Less interested now it's damp and miserable, but I'm with her, there...

Here are a couple of pics of the feisty little madam!

Attached Files

Comment

She looks so at home with you SL. She's a lucky girl

Comment

We have just 'acquired' a new 5 month old kitten.

He was all alone outside our house on Saturday night and tried to get in when my wife went to the bins.

As it was a cold night we brought him in and fed him, letting him back out the next morning to see if he could find his own way home.

That night he was back, sat on our doorstep waiting to be let in, and really got on well with our other two boys.

On Monday my wife phoned the Vets to see if anyone had reported him missing, and they put her in touch with a lady who lives about a mile away (across two major roads) who had also reported finding him.

It turns out that he has run away from two houses so far, his original home (who weren't really that bothered about him) and the lady who had found him and kept him for two weeks. She tried to find out where he had come from before, but he didn't get on at all well with her other two cats, and he managed to escape last Friday when she opened the door.

He has returned to us all week now, and on Tuesday night I woke to find him sharing my pillow, purring loudly, so I guess that means he wants to stay with us - for now at least.

It has often been said that cats choose where they want to live - we must be a soft touch as he is probably the seventh cat who has come to us in various ways over the past 26 years and decided to stay.

He has lovely markings and a brilliant personality - we lost one of our boys, Fred, very suddenly last year, who used to love coming to the allotment with me and the new boy (who is called Pudding, believe it or not) is the spitting image of him in both looks and attitude. I have taken to calling him Pudds

Maybe I will soon have a feline companion on the plot once more? I hope so.

Andy
                Last edited by Samurailord; 12-04-2013, 01:45 PM.
                http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Lovely photos, it's making me want another puss cat. Wonder what OH would say :/
                  Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Lovely pics, SL, she looks very happy.

I confess I've been Mog-hunting...
                    Last edited by Glutton4...; 11-04-2013, 04:05 PM.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

How lovely, SL. She looks so happy - much better to have somewhere she will recognise as a home rather than cat 'accommodation' at the CPL. No wonder she's looking so relaxed.
                      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

She's lovely- well done you!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Aww good for you she looks like a very pretty girl. I miss 'Tiko' my cat she was a lovely girl she used to like sitting in the shopping bags when you brought them home and would normally eat huge pieces of the meat i brought. I remember when she was pregnant she went through the cat flap and her belly was so big her front legs and back legs where on wither side of the flap in midair unable to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                            We have just 'acquired' a new 5 month old kitten.
                            Piccies please, Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                              It has often been said that cats choose where they want to live
                              To true, both our cats are rescues one from the cats protection league. The other just moved in via the bedroom window, and hasn't left since. Tried to find where she came from butno success.

Comment

Look at her all happy in the sunshine! She's gorgeous.
                                March is the new winter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X