No announcement yet.

A Story and a Thank you!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a good day in the garden today. The ground has softened up again after the recent rain and the nettles were pulling out very easily. Here's a photo of the apricot when it was planted in January and another of how it looks today

The Apricot is surrounded by 7 rhubarb plants, Babington leeks, Elephant garlic and shallots. In the cage behind it are broad beans and to the right of that, white onion sets.
    There are 3 blackcurrant bushes in there too and 2 hops against the trees. Its starting to be useful again
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ah, lovely to read this VC. will be a bit of a cathartic and emotional journey, getting the garden back into shape again. Gardening is so theraputic and possibly the most rewarding hobby? Thank you for sharing it with us
      passionate about plants

http://escapetotheallotment.blogspot.co.uk/ Check out my new blog...

There is no greater satisfaction than is gained from a plate of your own home grown !

Comment

• Well done vc! Looking good x
        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• Looking good there VC
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Thanks Everyone
            I'm lining up my sights on this bit next:

I've cut down a lot of the brambles already (the dead brown heaps), I need to clear that, cut down some hollies, clear some fallen tree trunks, and then dig up the brambles. Its a relatively open patch and may turn into a veggie patch
            Attached Files

Comment

• Well done chicken. Looking good.
              I got myself into a pickle in a bramble patch today. I thought I would never escape. Ill ask BB to take some pics of where it happened and a pic of the reason I went into it.
              Lynne x

Comment

• I rather like digging out brambles - wearing 2 pairs of gloves, a thick old coat and wellies. Its very satisfying when you can dig a big one out

Comment

• Tis looking good VC. And looking green too. Enjoy.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Looking good VC....your first drink of the season in the GR looks like it will be paid for by me
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• how about borrowing some chickens to help you clear it all, (and valuable poop on the potential vege plot)? xx
                      passionate about plants

http://escapetotheallotment.blogspot.co.uk/ Check out my new blog...

There is no greater satisfaction than is gained from a plate of your own home grown !

Comment

• I used to keep chooks - still have the henhouse and feeders etc - but I'm not always here to look after them now - so it wouldn't be right to keep them! I would if I could. When I was down to the last chook, I took her with me to the other house. She was amazingly adaptable to free-ranging wherever she was.

Comment

• This week's progress
                          From this to this

I'm winning - thank you all for your encouragement
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Wow...... now that's what I call progress.
                            Lynne x

Comment

• You missed a bit, look carefully and you will see a darn great log hiding in the middle of the cleared patch

No truly well done you, just remember little and often, wouldn't what you to damage your typing fingers.

Potty
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I'll have you know I dragged that log out of the undergrowth so that I could clear beneath it. I'm not sure where I'm going to drag/roll it next
                                Don't you worry about my tybing fibgres..........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X