South Wales meet-up at the RHS Show Cardiff 19-21 April

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Here you go mun As a kid, when I wanted to go to the toilet when we were out, I'd be told to twti down or cwpi down behind a bush.
    So there's another meaning for twt/dwt
    Cwpi down. This was something that was said to me as a child by my Mother. I said it to my own daughter is similar circumstances. I had no idea it was Welsh - or even how it was spelled. I can only imagine that it came, originally, from my Nan who grew up in Bridgend. Her parents were Cornish though, so they might have used a Cornish version.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Jules - a dog also cwpi/s down when its going to the toilet I love language

Comment

Hey guys, did anyone buy tickets using VC's code for the money off voucher? If so did your voucher come with the tickets?

Comment

I'm a failure at finding places to put codes in - couldn't find this one either! My ticket hasn't arrived yet so I don't know whether they send them anyway - or not
          Edit - I booked online.
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-04-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

It was quite confusing, I booked online and found 2 different places to put the code in. Ah well, tickets only arrived today so will wait a few days and see if anything else turns up. If not it's probably for the best, will save me from buying more than I can carry home on the train!!

Comment

Glad you're coming DS
              So far, there'll be BB and missus, Chris, Linnea on duty, me Anyone else?
              Add Scarlet, (our MoM) and OH
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-04-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I'm going to try depending on my wife's rota don't find out her shifts until the Wednesday before!
                In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Fingers crossed, darcy

Comment

More peeps to meet Our tickets arrived a while ago,no vouchers though maybe that only works for RHS members
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• I've got my tickets too!! My OH is tagging along. Just wondering whether to surprise him with a late birthday treat to a night out in Cardiff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I've got my tickets too!! My OH is tagging along. Just wondering whether to surprise him with a late birthday treat to a night out in Cardiff.
                        Do it, what a great night out.
                        I love love love Cardiff.
                        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• Bumping this as we have a few more Welsh Grapes who may like to meet up at the Show on the Saturday.

Comment

• cwpi down? we had twti down

Comment

• Awww sounds lovely but sadly couldn't afford to go this month. Hope you all enjoy it who are going.

Comment

• VSP special offer to anyone coming to the Cardiff meet-up!! Free P&P with every order
                                If you would like to swap seeds with the VSP, PM me your wants list and I'll bring them along to the Show and take your swaps from you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X