Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dozing man on the patio......
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• First dry, sunny Saturday with no prior commitments for ages. Fantastic ride out over the hills first thing after getting all the watering out of the way before anyone else was up. Off to do "maintaining" in the garden and later I will venture forth with my ultimate birthday present - my new brush wood cutter!
      "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• This afternoon our neighbour came to spend five minutes with the BH, and brought with him a big bowl of his first peas of the year - I think they're called 'Misty' - so we're having them for supper, with haddock in a leek & mustard sauce. He grew them in his polytunnel, I should add.

The BH has cauli mash, but I am cheating and having a new potato or four, washed down with a glass of white. A nice Sauternes that Ma forgot to take home....
        Last edited by julesapple; 29-06-2013, 06:25 PM.
        Jules

Comment

• Peace and quiet after finally getting the grandchildren to bed

Comment

• A day of firsts from the Hill: the first potatoes, some tiny broad bean pods, radish leaf salad, and drunken woman lettuce.

Comment

• Teaching my 3 year old that slugs and snails are naughty, and need to be put in the salt water bucket. Allowing her to harvest her first carrots (although they were tiny) she was so happy with herself.

Comment

• There are Nightingales in the trees behind the house. Magical stuff...
                Jules

Comment

• New Dog boogering off on her own, (chasing Waaabits) then panicking, and running in the wrong direction. Oscar and I went to fine her, and she was so glad to see me when I found her, that she threw herself at my feet in exhaustion, and refused to let me out of her sight, on the walk back to the car.

I'm glad she did it, although it was worrying, but I don't think she'll do it again in a hurry.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• How much did you fine her?

Glad she's safe though.
                    Jules

Comment

• LOLOL Nutter! I didn't proof-read it before posting!

Yeah, she's snoring loudly behind me. Glad Hubby's on the mend. Catch ya later!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Tape measure out this morning......I now have a 28" waist. Yippeee!!!

Left the BH in the care of his sons and went to the boot sale with my sister. Got a pair of brand new Jaeger grey suede wedge shoes £3.....still in the tissue & box and some lush nail varnishes - metallic deep blue and a glitter iridescent purple. Bliss!

Also bought a box set of Lee Child books to keep the BH quiet......
                        Jules

Comment

• Now has one of these in the garage for sunny days

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Over in Ireland having a great time with our Grand Daughter. Gonna miss her when we go home tomorrow.
                            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Two boys upstairs playing classical guitars. The Boy has his friend, Slug, round and they sound great together. They've just played Cavatina, and I think we're on to some Bach now.
                              Jules

Comment

• The festival at my son's special needs school last week. He doesn't offer us much info so we thought it would be like most school concerts where you clap politely whilst waiting for your little darling's five minutes of fame but it was actually a proper festie! Big outdoor stage, wristbands, portaloos, catering vans, the works! Our boy was a brilliant MC for the daytime session. The evening session turned out to be a combo of the teaching and support staff plus professional acts. All fab! I can't express how wonderful it is to be able to sit on the grass listening to everything from 'Elvis' to a ukulele orchestra to folk singers to rock music... whilst you cradle your hulking teenage boy on your lap and know that no-one is staring, or tutting, or wondering what the heck you're about, because everyone else is doing much the same. Truly gorgeous
                                I was feeling part of the scenery
                                I walked right out of the machinery
                                My heart going boom boom boom
                                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                                I've come to take you home."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X