Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's alive!

Last weekend he was too poorly to even lie down, he had blood poisoning and was struggling to stand on only two good feet. Long way to go, vet's bill from hell to come (again) and not out the woods yet but good enough to share.

Hopefully, I'll back here a bit more now!

(For those who like the technicals - turned out to be three absences coming out at the coronary band all at the same time on both front feet- bit of a s** to diagnose.)
    Attached Files
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• 'Kin 'Ell Marchogaeth, that's awful. Hope he's on the mend now.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• My Mum gave me the remains of a large box of M!lk Tr@y. She eats all the nutty and hard ones and gives me all the soft gloopy ones.(not my favourites either).
        However, she hadn't realised that there was a 2nd layer of chocolates.............they're mine, all mine. Would anyone like the strawberry creams
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-09-2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          My Mum gave me the remains of a large box of M!lk Tr@y. She eats all the nutty and hard ones and gives me all the soft gloopy ones.(not my favourites either).
          However, she hadn't realised that there was a 2nd layer of chocolates.............they're mine, all mine. Would anyone like the strawberry creams
          The epitome of pure evil!!!
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Me please VC. I love all the soft centres, usually can't find anyone to palm off the hard ones to lol
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• My cousins granddaughter finally finished eight sessions of chemo for Hodgkins lymphoma. She had a scan which showed that the lymphoma was all gone but there was a new lump in her groin. Panic ensued and she had to go for a scary meeting with her doctor and surgeon. But on closer inspection the lump turned out to be a mosquito bite!!! And she's fine!!! Even thinking about it makes me emotional, but in a happy way thankfully!

I just wanted to add, she's only 16 so it's been really tough, we're all so thankful she's ok now
              Last edited by Verinda; 12-09-2014, 06:29 PM.
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                My cousins granddaughter finally finished eight sessions of chemo for Hodgkins lymphoma. She had a scan which showed that the lymphoma was all gone but there was a new lump in her groin. Panic ensued and she had to go for a scary meeting with her doctor and surgeon. But on closer inspection the lump turned out to be a mosquito bite!!! And she's fine!!! Even thinking about it makes me emotional, but in a happy way thankfully!

I just wanted to add, she's only 16 so it's been really tough, we're all so thankful she's ok now
                Verinda - that makes me happy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                Bex

Comment

• A 200g carrot - after five years of trying. And yes, I curried it.
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                    A 200g carrot - after five years of trying. And yes, I curried it.
                    Nowt wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                    Bex

Comment

• Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                      My cousins granddaughter finally finished eight sessions of chemo for Hodgkins lymphoma. She had a scan which showed that the lymphoma was all gone but there was a new lump in her groin. Panic ensued and she had to go for a scary meeting with her doctor and surgeon. But on closer inspection the lump turned out to be a mosquito bite!!! And she's fine!!! Even thinking about it makes me emotional, but in a happy way thankfully!

I have a chum, now in his late 40s, who had Hodgkins at 19. He's lovely.

I have another chum, whose Mother has had it, too. Ma is now in her 60s. She's lovely too!

BIG ((((HUGS)))).
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 12-09-2014, 07:19 PM.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Trivial, I know - but a parcel containing two new pairs of crocs for the autumn dog walks
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Some lovely happies on here make me happy too.

That and it is Friday night and I have a glass of wine on the go, and am dancing round the room to 'Now that's what I Call Music' and getting ready to go to the pub. Fair takes me back to my yoof.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                            Me please VC. I love all the soft centres, usually can't find anyone to palm off the hard ones to lol
                            Apart from coffee creams I'll eat and enjoy any of them!!...just pop em in the post!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Recovery plan for my wife.

All those who dont like soft centres, send them to me
                              All those who dont like hard centres, send then to me.
                              I will then give my wife the coffee creams and deal with the rest myself.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Finally drank the last bottle of nasty homebrew - a rogue yeast got in - so Mr PP can brew again today. That was the only mishap in almost 20 years of beer making.
                                Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 13-09-2014, 07:50 AM.
                                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X