No announcement yet.

52 Week Challenge - week by week through 2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 1....pricked out,the first of my bedfordshire champion onions,and sensui grown from self saved seeds,
    week 2.......finally cleared up the ironing pile,and have been on top of it ever since,
    week3.....finished knitting and stuffed the teddy bear
    week 4..replanted 2 blueberries into bigger containers,{1/2 blue barrels,now sited in the fruit cage,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• this weeks challenge was to help out a fellow grape by giving away an electric heated propagator , heres a piccy of said prop that will be posted out on monday
      months challenges were
      week1 soup made from salvaged allotment sprouts
      week2 bring back to life my home coldframes
      week3 make a seed tray multi dibber
      week4 help out a fellow grape
      Attached Files

Comment

• Didn't start the challenge until week 2.

week 2. De-clutterted the attic and sorted the toys my grand-kids no longer play with and gave them to the charity shop.

week 3. Thaught my 2 grand-daughters how to knit.

week 4. Tidied out our box room and got rid of all the old tapes, cd's and sorted all the old greetinh cards and only kept the most important ones.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• week 5 challenge yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
            week 5 challenge yet?
            You're ahead of yourself - wk 5 not till Monday!

Comment

• Still ill so I'm really still a week behind ...........
              Week 1 Went to the beach
              Week 2 Climbed up a mountain
              Week 3 Was sick sick sick
              Week 4 Actually went to a work's do and stayed over
              Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

• My update
                Week 1. Started diet......green smoothies. Not every day but often enough.
                Week 2. Registered with my fitness pal app......calorie counting......
                Week 3. Didn't start swimming,
                Week 4. Started swimming again".........now one stone lighter. Feeling fitter.......
                Week 5.....it's planting time......chilli time.........the prop is in position......plugging in tomorrow at 24 degrees

Loving my allotment!

Comment

• Week 4 - first go at croissants. They are about midway along the brick-feather scale

Rising

Cooked and about to be scoffed with blackberry and marrow jam.

Only took 11 hours....
                  Attached Files
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• 11 hours to eat them???? Oh boy!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My swimming was cancelled at the last minute this week....so....

....I'm going to go twice this coming week to make up for it
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My January challenges changed a bit but, so far;

Week One: Get the DD safely moved into her new house
                        Week Two: Tidy Attic after 6 years of DD's untidy living
                        Week Three: List all attic junk on ebay
                        Week Four: Sort out patterns & already cut out garment pieces and resize to smaller size.
                        Week Five: Home-made Cream Cheese and Home-made Laundry Detergent (possibly)
                        Last edited by julesapple; 27-01-2013, 02:39 PM.
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Week 4 Challenge

Participate in a seed swap

Although this challenge didn't have to take place this week (Foxton Seedy Sunday, for example, at the beginning of March would be relatively local and be a nice day out to boot), it does neatly coincide with the Potato Day where I like to go an buy my spuds.

The best seeds to grow for swapping by a country mile are French beans - I'm growing them anyway both to eat the pods and to dry the beans; and they come true without any faffing about trying to keep them away from any other varieties just in case they cross pollinate.

Peas are also brilliant to save seeds from as they grow true too.

So to collect seeds for growing next year, or to swap, all you need to do in each case is leave a few pods (or beans) on the plants to mature fully, pick the pods in the Autumn. leave them spread out on newspaper somewhere cool and airy (the attic room is ideal), then when you get sick and tired of tripping over them, split the peas (beans) out of the pods & store.

Last year was the world's worst for seed saving - all I managed were some runner beans and some peas. The runners are no good for seed swapping as they easily cross-pollinate, just for me to grow next time round. And I forgot to make a note of the variety of pea pods saved.

It's a good job that bean and peas are viable for a number of years, so I could use the 2011 seeds.

I spent a very happy evening last week making up envelopes with seeds and labeling and putting in a shoe box, and today took them to Ryton.

In return I have picked myself out a heritage variety of each of leeks, lettuce, pea and dwarf French bean, and a mystery tomato 'latah' that no one seemed to know much about.

So week 4 challenge: done.

D'oh - forgot to list my challenges to date...

wk1 - bring blogs up to date
                          wk2 - organise photos
                          wk3 - clear/clean/tidy attic room
                          wk4 - participate in a seed swap
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 27-01-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                            My January challenges changed a bit but, so far;

Week One: Get the DD safely moved into her new house
                            Week Two: Tidy Attic after 6 years of DD's untidy living
                            Week Three: List all attic junk on ebay
                            Week Four: Sort out patterns & already cut out garment pieces and resize to smaller size.
                            Week Five: Home-made Cream Cheese and Home-made Laundry Detergent (possibly)
                            Seriously!!!??? We're on week 5 already??? What happened to 3 and 4??? Geez, I've only done two!
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Week 5 starts tomorrow - all these eager Grapes are just setting out their stall for Week 5 Don't worry about being on Week 2, MH, some Challengers haven't declared their hands at all

Comment

• Week 5 - 28th January - 3rd February

Coming into our 2nd month!! Reading through your lists I'm surprised at the variety of things we have done. Lets see what we can do this week
                                If you've missed a week or two, it doesn't matter, just say what you've done - you won't have to stand in the corner Maybe you've just found this thread and would like to join in - please do so All the more the merrier!!!
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-01-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X