No announcement yet.

52 Week Challenge - week by week through 2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my week 3 challenge is/was to prepare an assembly on sustainability aimed at 12 year olds using a power point for impact words and images!! next week 4?challenge is to deliver said assembly effectively without allowing kids eyes to glaze over.

Comment

• i do believe week starts on a monday,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Week 3 complete: After 12 barrow loads, I now have a dalek full of worm laden well rotted chippings. I thought I was filling Dr Who's police box never mind a bladdy dalek.........
        Oh, almost forgot. I notice something rather bizarre........all of my stepping stones were snow free........

Attached Files
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 19-01-2013, 12:40 PM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Looks like these BM

Comment

• I can only assume that the chippings under the stones are decomposing at a faster rate than the path itself therefore throwing more heat out.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Week 3......I started knitting this 18 month ago,and not toutched it till the other day,am going to give it to our first great grandchild when it's born in a few months time,i will dress it to suit when i know,
              Attached Files
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• He's soooo cute, Lottie!

Challenge 5; Making a vintage 1950's dress for my holiday in Holland. I'm going for one in black & white gingham. I may also have enough of a very busy rose print fabric in the workroom to make another....
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Today I've mostly been sorting through my seeds and putting some aside for my kids.

I've been putting this off and putting this off and finally decided to shove various packets of breakfast cereals into one box and chopped up ( Blue Peter style ) the others making small boxes with 'sticky back plastic'
                  Others have gone into brown 'dinner money' envelopes.
                  All labelled..yey!

Just got English marigolds to do- but they take ages so I'll leave those for another day when I can actually see what I'm doing!

This week's original challenge of swimming was cancelled so that will be my next week's challenge!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Week 3 Challenge

Sort out the attic room

This is where I do my sewing, so my fabrics, wadding and half finished projects are there along with the ironing board and any ironing that needs doing. There is also a couple of bookcases and ye olde Sony midi system (circa 1985, with no CD player, a dicky 'on' switch on the turntable, and a flat internal battery so it looses all the radio memory settings as soon as you switch it off) and its big speakers.

Oh, there has also been a bath in there for the past year or so waiting for me to have the wherewithal to re-do the bathroom; and since just before Christmas that has been joined by a bidet, loo and basin, and tap fittings for all.

In the bath is a basket with my saved bean and pea seeds - this is also the room where I dry the seed pods after picking at the Hill for saving for next year.

I hoofed the whole lot out then cleaned all the paintwork - only giving myself the one dose of mild concussion after standing up too swiftly and bashing my nut on the slopey ceiling - and vacuumed up many layers of dust, thread offcuts, pins, stray beans, broken machine needles etc.

I went through the bookcase and now have a pile for the charity shop, then I replaced the duff halogen lightbulb in the standard lamp downlighter bit, cleaned all the furniture and put it all neatly back.

And finally, I have ordered an antique look record player with a cd, tape player and radio (for the grand sum of £89) which will be delivered this week.

Before and after pics:

So week 3 challenge: done.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Well done Hazel, great to get the attic sorted. I know the feeling.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• bit behind here folks but week 2 was climbing up helm cragg in the snow - this weekend I have been really ill with a terrible cold so have been in bed for 48 hours which leaves me 1 day to do week 3!
                        Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

• Week 3

Well this weeks challenge feels like a cheat. It was supposed to be making a hard cheese but my Dad ended up back in hospital ..... this, however, was a different hospital I haven't sat in all night waiting for a bed for him so that's something new LOL. He is home and doing well now.

I did discuss plans for a homemade cheese press with my youngest son, who is going to built it for me if that counts
                          My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Glad your Dad's OK Ananke. It all sounds very challenging to me.

Comment

• I'm a fail on week 3 sorry. Will try to do week 3, when I get the float cover bag back home.

Then week 4 - I'm in charge of the folk festival markets here | The Little Festival with the Big Heart
                              and it's like a dogs breakfast this year. Currently I'm saying - oh just come along I'm sure we'll fit you in somewhere! I've just done the media releases last night! Need to find the sign to put up in town.

And today check out that our insurance covers the ininsured oldies who really just do the markets as a social event so don't have any Market Insurance of their own.

Only other thing - to get all the animals home this week. It's looking good so far.
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• I'm sure that amongst all the things you've achieved this week, there is something that you consider to have been a challenge - make that Week 3 You're free to change your challenge at any time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X