This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
    Stupid recruitment policies that get in the way of getting a permanent contract!

Manager wants to make me permanent. Big Boss is in agreement. Been doing the job for 12 months on contract.
    HR say no. Must advertise job and hold interviews, even if I am the only applicant.

Humph.
    I know what you mean OWG I have the same problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
      The sad state of Staffie dogs and other so called 'status breeds'. I have been looking for a small dog via rescue centres and they have nothing. Just Staffies, Akitas, Dobermans and various crosses. Hundreds of them (no doubt thousands nationwide). I know most of them are lovely dogs and the myths about them are just that. Really sad that so many of them are apparently bought or bred by and for people who want to look 'ard, then abandoned.

(Please don't lecture me that I should rescue one of them - I have to be realistic about what sort and size of dog I can look after properly!).
      What are you after ideally? Yes I know I am chatting - I have an addiction!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        What are you after ideally? Yes I know I am chatting - I have an addiction!
        Ideally? A wee pug or similar but really any little cuddly type.

*thinks of a rant so as not to get told off... the woman today who gazed gormlessly into the distance whilst I held the door open for her (I couldn't get out unless she moved) then didn't even acknowledge me as she finally swanned past. I hope my 'thankyou, don't mind me' penetrated her thick skull!
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

• Facebook. Thoughtless people who put information about loved ones out to all and sundry without telling the most important person the news in person. It has hurt him really badly and made me very, very angry.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
            Stupid recruitment policies that get in the way of getting a permanent contract!

Manager wants to make me permanent. Big Boss is in agreement. Been doing the job for 12 months on contract.
            HR say no. Must advertise job and hold interviews, even if I am the only applicant.

Humph.
            Makes my blood boil too OWG & Steve. Yes, I know it's only fair, but how much time and money does it cost to put it out to interview when you have the ideal candidate in front of you? Hope they're going to tailor the person specification around you.

Comment

• 40% off M & S, great! Everything I want is out of stock

Comment

• Woke up this morning and wondered:

Have the farrier and the dentist run off together? And if they did, why couldn't they take their stupid mobiles with them and call me back?
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Bloody bronchitis!!!..
                  There things I need to be getting on with....
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

• Apparently not..........the dentist receptionist just rang back. The dentist has 'found' an appt in 2 weeks for daughter. Will that do? Well, I'm not a dentist. The tooth is not hurting at the moment, but I can't say whether it might. Thinking at the time, and if it does I'll be ringing someone else for an emergency visit. Hopefully the tooth won't get damaged before then. Daughter is so dentalphobic that it's not easy.
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                      the woman today who gazed gormlessly into the distance whilst I held the door open for her (I couldn't get out unless she moved) then didn't even acknowledge me as she finally swanned past. I hope my 'thankyou, don't mind me' penetrated her thick skull!
                      If that happens to me I just say "You're welcome". I get some funny looks but makes me feel better.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• The way some people on facebook post pictures of cruelty to animals to 'bring it to peoples attention'.
                        I know it goes on, I donate to charities to try to help. I don't want to see it everywhere I look on facebook which is where I sometimes 'visit' if I want to wash away the cares of the day.
                        I end up taking the people off my friends list.

Also, people who think its ok to put swearing on Facebook which then appears on my timeline.

Ahhhh that feels better, thanks for the rant space.
                        Lynne x

Comment

• That's what the rant Page is for Lynne but somehow I feel it may have been more effective if you had ranted on Facebook where the target of your rant would have "got the message"

my rant -- snow. Enough is enough

Comment

• With you on the rants there, Wizz. I have blocked so many people from my newsfeed for that very reason.

My rant; Sellers who don't bother to inform you there is a supply problem until a week after you've started asking where the chuff your purchase is. If you knew there was a problem, you should've told me sooner, then I wouldn't have to get cross. Pillock.
                            Last edited by Glutton4...; 13-03-2013, 09:36 AM.
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I have ranted on facebook about it. Still you have to rant at each individual who does it. I tell them why when I delete them.
                              Another rant....
                              Last night we got to a restaurant at 8.05 and was told, after we had ordered a coffee to sip while we looked at the menu, that they don't serve food after 8 on Tuesday.
                              Tut !
                              We did find somewhere else though and had a lovely meal.
                              Lynne x

Comment

• You don't have to delete people on Facebook to stop seeing their updates/posts on your newsfeed. Just click on the right-hand corner of their post and 'hide' them. That way you don't have to upset anyone, or be upset yourself.

My rant: hypocrites

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X