Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own minor rant is also employment-related, and involves the (hah!) "helpdesk" in the IT Department at work. You know, the people you ring and say to in tones of ineffable weariness:

'It's crashed again. I was right in the middle of a spreadsheet. What's wrong with it NOW?! You know, I don't want to sound negative, but that's the third time today and I've just lost an hour's work.'

...silence....

'Hello? Are you listening? Are you still there?"

"Yeah......."

.....silence.....

"So, what's the problem with my laptop then? Are you going to give me any ideas, or shall we just sit here together enjoying some quality silence some more?"

"Errr..... have you recently updated your digital doo-dah enhancer"?

"No! What the hell is that anyway? My laptop hasn't got one!"

"Errrrr...... have you tried switching it off and back on again.'

"Oh yeah, that'll solve it. Tell me something sonny, if my car broke down would you suggest that everybody got out and got back in again? Do you think that would fix it?"

"Errr... what?"

"Oh, for f......!' click, brrrrrrrrr

Seriously, I've never come across any institution that is less helpful than the helpdesk. (And I never did get my spreadsheet back).

Comment

• We have our own technical support team in the Bubblewrap household we just shout up stairs & call down Madderbats son he's good & it's FREE.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

• Been there, Legume! Got into the habit of pressing 'save' every minute, so I didn't have to keep redoing things.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I know it's only seven A.M. but it's pitch black & cold.
          It will not be light enough to go for by mornings walk for at least an hour.(allotment not possible to wet)
          Roll on May/June when I can be out there digging at six(or earlier.)

I HATE WINTER.
          Brian Clough

Comment

• Went down the allotment half an hour ago still 3" of snow on it & only one other person been on the site since Friday as there was only one set of footprints in the snow.

Footprints in the Snow / Des pas sur la neige - Claude Debussy - YouTube
            Last edited by bubblewrap; 20-01-2013, 10:53 AM.
            Brian Clough

Comment

• Damned dog has had my sausage sandwich!
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Trying to find slippers that suit.
                Last edited by zazen999; 20-01-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                  Damned dog has had my sausage sandwich!
                  gettin' tole off cuss i eated mummiz sosidges X rooty the dog
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• sick males.......

Comment

• If it wasn't bad enough that the neighbourhood cats cr@p in our garden we now have next doors dog cr@pping in our garden.
                      And when we told them about it they stopped talking to us.
                      Last edited by cardiffsteve; 20-01-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• i have been asleep for 48 hours and have missed the weekend - it's now monday again ( nearly!)
                        Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piggle View Post
                          i have been asleep for 48 hours and have missed the weekend - it's now monday again ( nearly!)
                          You missed the Martian invasion then?
                          Brian Clough

Comment

• Been to the doctors this morning. Got told off. He doesn't like the way we've lowered our cholesterol levels. Mine is 4.0 and the BH's 4.9. We've both lost weight we really needed to shift, we both feel very healthy and energised. My hypothyroidism is under control and most importantly, the BH's blood glucose levels are never above 5.0 mmol. We've done this on a low carb high fat diet. We don't even eat as much fat as some of the Ultra Low Carbers we know. We've told him to stuff off, basically.

When he knows what the bloomin' heck he's talking about then he can lecture us. BTW he was at least five stone overweight......and he stank of cigarettes.

Last edited by julesapple; 21-01-2013, 10:02 AM.
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Oh Jules, I hate it when people go on about things, and they are so unhealthy themselves!

Insurance companies, money hungry things, and stupidity. I'd really like to see some common decency and caring about others. And I really don't care about much 4 days out from the markets. Just turn up fgs and it will all work out, I'm still picking up animals, and I've a million other things to worry about.
                              Come along and have a good time, or just plain shut up! So there!
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• so I went down to my local library, where I know people. Where people know me. Where some of the children in my school hang out. To collect my ordered book, but the woman behind the desk can't find it. So she YELLS the title * across the library to her colleague.

All I could say was "a little louder, maybe?" A little discretion wouldn't have gone amiss.

* it's for research. I'm just glad it wasn't "STDs in the teaching profession" or something
                                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 22-01-2013, 03:41 PM.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X