It must be a mistake, surely?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
    Ah I understand now. Although news story today declares true dairy is healthier for you than all these "mocked up" healthy fats. Always been butter, cream and full fat milk for me.
    Thats ok if you can eat these things - my daughter has a severe dairy allergy and cant have anything remotely linked to milk....so we all try support her and dont have dairy either, infact we're pretty much vegan.

There are lots of facts and interesting articles about how good a totally meat and dairy free diet is for you aswell......

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I have to ask, what do you all use it for? (apart from frothy hot chocolate). It was something for jelly and tinned fruit when I was a nipper and I haven't had any since then
      ooo yuk! reminds me of sunday tea time - slimey peaches and evaporated milk,yuk,yuk,yuk - the only thing my mum used to let me off coz I hated it soooooooooooooooo much........

feel sick now

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Mother used to spread it on bread (Condensed not evap)............OMG, the thought makes me want to gipp.

mine still does...............................................yuk......
        her other favourite is condensed milk and banana sandwiches - yuk,yuk,yuk - 3 of my most hated things - bread, bananas and condensed milk - can it get any worse?!!!!!!

Comment

I have to ask, what do you all use it for? (apart from frothy hot chocolate). It was something for jelly and tinned fruit when I was a nipper and I haven't had any since then
          We use it for making pumpkin(squash) pie over here.
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.

Gertrude Jekyll

************NUTTERS' CLUB MEMBER************

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
          Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll
          tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Comment

For a very, very, special treat after Sunday tea (tinned salmon & cucumber sandwiches), my mother used to produced tinned fruit cocktail (we would fight over the few cherries) and Dream Topping. Remember that? Occasionally she would use tinned fruit cocktail, jelly, stale cake, Angel Delight and Dream Topping to make a trifle.

Oh my goodness, we thought it was Heaven......I couldn't even look at it now! Thinking about it is vomit inducing.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

We used to have sugar sandwiches..........and my father would put sugar on lettuce - weird
              That brings back fond memories of my Nan- lettuce and sugar sandwiches were her favourite.

Comment

By the way Flo, I'll be calling into Aldi later on tonight so will let you know if it's still 48p...........gently bringing the thread back in line.....
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Ooh I love condensed milk - I eat it by the spoonful nom nom nom

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    T****s own evaporated milk increased in price in one week from 48p to 79p.

You wait.

Next week it will be on sale at "nearly half price!" (back to 48p)
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It's not the only thing to have hicked up,j west tuna went from £4 to £6 over night the other week,beat that,this was in asda,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well, as I was down to my last 2 tins of evap, I called into Aldi for my obligatory 6 tins & it was still at 48p...........most folk buy 6 cans o' beer, I buy 6 cans o' milk.............
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

most folk buy 6 cans o' beer, I buy 6 cans o' milk.
                          All that Evaporated Milk, all that artery-clogging cholesterol BM...don't you feel a bit of a clot ?
                          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

with an expiry date of May 2006
                            With work are doing a charity bake sale, I haven't baked for years and rummaging though the cupboard here it looks like neither has anyone else. Found a jar of liquid glucose with an expiry of 1996. I was 10 when it expired......

Oh, it isn't a liquid anymore!

Comment

I'm afraid to find out what is lurking in the top of the cupboard - given that I've lived here for 30+ years

Comment

I bought fruit shortcake biscuits today - had a dream about them last night. Haven't bought biscuits for a few months and £1.10 for a tiddly pack of biscuits I'm turning into my mother!
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X