Loving my allotment!

Comment

......oi oi oi!

ooops wrong thread!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Comment

If you need any hints on finding Mid Wales Snadger I know it very well, but don't tell me exactly where as I'll probably know them and offer them a fiver more....

My gramps rebuilt a moggie traveller long before I was born, and I've had the urge to do the same. The only problem is I'm useless at mechanics, so that one will never get off the ground.

See, I even think they can fly!

Well done you, where was it again?
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Aww...I'm really pleased for you!
            My grandpa had one when I was a nipper- he used to take me to the beach in New Brighton in it...happy memories!
            My Uncle had one, and a moggy van. No seat belts in those days, I used to sit in the back of the van with my bottom in the spare wheel!
            He drove home drunk one night and rolled the car 360 degrees on a bend with my Gran in the passenger seat........got out, checked my Gran was ok (also drunk) checked the car was still working, and drove home!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ah them were the days.........when cars were built not to collapse on impact.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

oooooooh lovely, what her name and when can we have some pics please

My OH has a soft spot for Landys, a beofe & after hours of welding & rebuildingof his pride & joy
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh they are such lovely looking little cars! My daughter (who'll be 14 on Monday) wants one as her first car. Not likely to happen though! But, you will now be 'cool' in the eyes of teenagers who seem, at the moment, to be embracing everything 'retro'. All teens I know want vw Beetles or Morris Minors or Citroen 2 Cv'S. I've been asked for (naff) Christmas jumpers on the present lists. Anything that made me and my brothers cringe in the 70's/80's is now on the most wanted lists! (Bobble hats, patterned christmas anything, ear muffs, old cars, gramophones) it's very weird. Also, am not happy being called retro all the time Went into a toy shop as someone wanted a spirograph (remember those?) was told by young shop assistant (17) they were in the classic/retro toy section sobs :'(
                  You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by minskey View Post
                    oooooooh lovely, what her name and when can we have some pics please

My OH has a soft spot for Landys, a beofe & after hours of welding & rebuildingof his pride & joy
                    I've got a series 3 109 softop landrover which I'm hoping to sell to hep finance my moggy project. Its been a handy tool for my house renovation but gladly I've got all the 'big stuff' done now so don't need it anymore.
                    Got a bloke coming to look at it tomorrow and after finally getting landy started its only running on thee cylinders! Just like the damm thing, been working fine until I come to sell it! Got the battery on charge now, but really can't be arrised to fettle it as I want to play with my NEW toy!
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Got the car this morning and the hub caps that were on the sellers photograph are missing.
                      He didn't get any where near what he was expecting for car and must have decided to try and recoup something.
                      Rest of car is 'as described' if not 'better' than I expected.
                      Don't know whether to make an issue of it because they were proper Morris Minor hubcaps with an 'M' pressed into the centre and I will need to buy some , or just to let it drop?
                      It's the hubcaps that set the wheels off methinks.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ask him for them Snadger - he may have taken them off and put them somewhere safe
                        Glad to hear its better than expected though

Comment

Send him a piccie of what he was selling and ask for them!

Maybe if he's funny about it you could offer to buy them for a small amount as a gesture of good will?
                          How much would you need to pay for replacements????
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

No Hubcaps!!!? You have to watch them Welshies, Snadge! I'd ask him to send 'em on to you. Cheeky bugga!

Nice area Powys - been there several times...
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

We like hubcaps here, use them as discus to fling at the English
                              There are 4 MM hubcaps on Ewotsit at the mo - but they're across the border in Worcestershire. Starting bid £16 - as an idea of price.

Comment

I think this toplc is on the wrong thread it should be on the MINOR rant thread. jacob.
                                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X