No announcement yet.

What's on your kitchen windowsill?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday it was...me! Redecorating the kitchen of our 300 year old thatch cottage with 1 metre thick walls. The kitchen sink is in front of the main window and the only way to paint that area is to climb on the worktop and into the window sill!

Comment

Two Jalapeno chilli plants and a bunch of white lillies!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ive got two pots of basil tomatoes ripening,houseplant that needs repotting,some pussy willow stems for decoration & a horseshoe,my kitchen windowsill faces Wales,its really sunny over there

Comment

My windowsill is tiny!
          (24"x12")!
          On it is a basil plant,washing up liquid, liquid hand soap,a tiny,an empty tiny jam jar for some obscure reason! and a zapper to change the colour of the ceiling lights above the sink. (Bet no-one else has one of those!!!!!!)
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Er, on our little kitchenette windowsill there is a kitchen utensil holder, a ceramic jar containing dish-washer tablets, half a bottle of white wine, and a cleaning sponge.
            I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Having a stab at Phalonopsis! This picture may be a little dark, but do love the intensity of the blue, and if I pull it off will invest in a few more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	2381098

These things are an air of beauty! And would grow loads if I could, same with Daliha's, they need to be on my growing list this year!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

The lemon geranium I've just trimmed and brought indoors, now it's getting a bit chilly at night.
                2 x 6 hole modules sown one with cabbage, one with lettuce (to replace those nibbled by something in the greenhouse) and some Oleander cuttings in water, which don't look like they're going to root
                Oh.... nearly forgot the tiny new Oleander Provence plant (I bought) that will live there 'til spring when it can go in the greenhouse.

NB: No kitchen related utensils or products were harmed by my use of the windowsill as a garden extension

Comment

Nothing...I am too scared to enter HER territory

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Mousetrousers View Post
                    Er, on our little kitchenette windowsill there is a kitchen utensil holder, a ceramic jar containing dish-washer tablets, half a bottle of white wine, and a cleaning sponge.
                    Oh dear, Oh dear (shakes head in disbelief).

Half a bottle of wine amongst the cleaning stuff.

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                    In case you have to do the washing up?

Comment

Not a very big kitchen window sill.
                      A bottle of washing up liquid, bottle of hand sanitizer, a vase of dahlias and a kitchen clock.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

An unnamed house plant i was bought as a prezzie, double boiler saucepan, 3 tier steamer and a cycle pump.

Basil's still in the GH.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Wot - no Basil ? Nearly everyone has basil on their windowsill
                          Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          It's on an upstairs windowsill - it seems happier there.

It probably finds the orchids too snooty..... or maybe it's just that I remember to water it upstairs, as the orchids downstairs seldom need water.
                          This year the basil is downstairs and the orchids upstairs

Also on the kitchen windowsill - a large ginger plant, already taller than the top of the window, a spider plant, an hibiscus that has been in flower since April and still lots of buds, a potted cutting of Munstead lavender, and a sweet pepper that gave me 3 good peppers in June then was chucked outside to fend for itself all summer. It produced 2 more little peppers so I relented and brought it back indoors last week to let them ripen.

And the penny pot is still in the corner.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

About 40 nice big Giulietta toms I picked from the poly today. (Never put toms in the fridge!) and a pot of water with basil in it I also picked today.

Looks like it's going to chuck it down all day tomorrow in sunny Suffolk, so decided I will be making pasta sauce for freezing.

Also assorted chillies, I knocked off while picking ripe ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	2381101
                            Last edited by Vince G; 13-10-2018, 09:34 PM.
                            Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              I have the same fear in "my house" GL and I daren't go near the Windows, I think she has an obsession about cleaning windows, as soon as I am finished with washing the dishes, she is through to check that I haven't splashed the Windows, in my exuberance of doing the dishes
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

A wire chicken for eggs ( but no
                                Eggs) 2 packs of seeds for sowing this month, a pot of tomato seeds fermenting, a load of cuttings all jammed in a jar - half of them rotting. Two chilli plants - a lemon drop and a hab....and a dirty wine glass from last night, I only wash them by hand and I haven’t got round to it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X