No announcement yet.

What's on your kitchen windowsill?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a near infinite amount of odds and sods (spent batteries, small toys, washing up-liquid/handwash etc),

in plant terms
    1 rosemary
    1 parsley
    1 thyme

2 pots of cyclamen

a load of fennel fronds in water (to see if they ripen)

green/not-red-yet tomatoes in the ripenarium (two clear plastic pots that fit together)

Comment

You're all worryingly organised... On my kitchen windowsill there's - stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stuff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	2381117
      Last edited by Lardman; 15-10-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Update:

Still on the windowsill and clearly enjoying the conditions being presented!

It Buds, it flowers, it scores!

Name:	IMG_3892.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2381485

Name:	deano1.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	2381488 Click image for larger version

Name:	deano2.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2381489

Still a little bemused as to why it would not be powder blue as the original, still early doors, and haven't got a clue what I'm doing, but flowering non the less!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 11-11-2018, 04:55 PM.
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

VC! Work your magic and spin em for me please!

Cheers!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Cheers VC!

Comment

Just for you Deano I wouldn't do it for everyone

Comment

I have just sowed ten or so star anise seeds that I rescued out of the bottom of the bag I use for my roast chickens. It's in the window that gets the most light in the kitchen. Fingers crossed!
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

A small pumpkin that’s green bits are now nearly all orange and a sad looking orchid I’ve ignored for most of the year (not really sure how it’s still alive!)

Comment

The obligatory Basil, a flat Parsley plant, tiny Portmellon dish with wire wool in, a broken clock (I have 4 clocks in the kitchen...why???) mini watering can, milk jug with two very late Rose buds that got chopped by mistake whilst pruning, some beansprouts trying to sprout and 14 scallop shells waiting for inspiration to strike....any ideas?

Comment

4 geraniums being guarded against frosts. A chicken brick minus the lid that was broken by the builders who did my kitchen, with herbs in. A couple of cookery books that haven’t made their way back to their bookshelf and 2 vases minus flowers. There are 2 more windowsills. One is for light and has ornamental teapots and the other has ornamental mugs, cobwebs, etc.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X