olympics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    Nah,not us lot You could amuse Mr.Flo with you own mini olimpiks,throwing the remote,long jump (onto the settee from the door),pole vault (over the super big go away telly)
    Himself is not going to notice even if I do all those things BB, most of the events are in 3D. Wish we'd got 4D and he had to dodge the javelin.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by otorongo View Post
      People claim they like sports -- diving, tennis, whatever -- when in fact many have never done any of it; what they really mean by sports is watching TV broadcasts of other people doing it. That's unsubstantiated claims if you ask me. If you don't play football, how can you know you like football?
      Agreed, and to take it one step farther, hearing people saying "We won" (when talking about a sport that they didn't participate in) is infuriating.
      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

I was quite looking forward to the Olympics........until I flew in from Guernsey this morning. Flight took 1hr 20, clearing customs at Stansted 1hr 30. Grrrr. Gonna steer clear of London til August....except to go to the Olympics of course.
        Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Just read this. I am seriously disappointed at how negative most grapes are! This is the worlds number one sporting event and it's here in the uk for the first and last time in most of our lifetimes.......the worlds greatest athletes wil be descending on us to demonstrate their skills and go for gold........

By all means make political points out of it but there is lots of stuff to enjoy in the coming weeks for everyone. Except most of you it seems.......

Hey ho

Loving my allotment!

Comment

I seriously don't understand who made it the law that everyone has to enjoy sport. Everyone has different interests and some people don't like sport. Or the fact that their taxes have been spent on sport without their say so. But...hey ho.

And we aren't being negative about sport - we are being positive in our dislike of it.

Comment

I neither like or dislike the Olympics - I am completely indifferent to it - as I am to lots of public, hyped up events.
              However, I am fond of a farce and that is what the organisation of the Olympics is turning into.

Comment

TBH there is one aspect of the olympics that is fascinating me ...............

A one-off National Lottery draw will create 100 millionaires as a 'thank you' to players for helping fund the London Olympics.

The EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle draw will take place on the night of the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games on July 27, a National Lottery spokesman said.

The event guarantees a million-pound cheque for 100 UK players, breaking the world record for the most millionaires created in a single draw.
                (Taken from ...World-record 100 millionaires to be created in one-off EuroMillions raffle to mark Olympic Games opening ceremony | Mail Online)

Ever since I first saw this on TV I have been trying to work it out

IF the lottery ball selecting devices are as totally random as they are claimed to be,how can the lottery operators guarantee a finite number of winners
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                  TBH there is one aspect of the olympics that is fascinating me ...............

(Taken from ...World-record 100 millionaires to be created in one-off EuroMillions raffle to mark Olympic Games opening ceremony | Mail Online)

Ever since I first saw this on TV I have been trying to work it out

IF the lottery ball selecting devices are as totally random as they are claimed to be,how can the lottery operators guarantee a finite number of winners
                  The euromillions is a raffle. Every uk ticket buys a 'raffle' ticket and they pick 100 out randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                    The euromillions is a raffle. Every uk ticket buys a 'raffle' ticket and they pick 100 out randomly.
                    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see now ,there was me thinking there might be a request line somewhere

Comment

Do you win a million £s or Euros?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Do you win a million £s or Euros?
                        It's £... The millionaire draw is for Uk people only - it's from when they put the price up to equalise it with the euro price ... rather than make it go to an odd number they picked a round number and then made this extra bit of money into a sep raffle.

This extra 100 winners (well extra 99) is because more people buy tickets than round up to 2 winners a week. If that makes sense.
                        Last edited by alldigging; 17-07-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Battling Mosh Pits??

From an article on the Opening Ceremony Olympic Opening Ceremony Length Slashed
                          "The three-hour ceremony - which will start at 9pm on July 27 - has been designed by British movie director Danny Boyle.
                          His vision of a "green and pleasant land" will showcase the British countryside, using real sheep, cows and horses.
                          The model for the £27m project shows a farm and surrounding fields, with ploughing and two battling mosh pits."
                          Is a "battling mosh pit" similar to a slurry pit?

Comment

Tiernan Douieb: Don't Forget It's Your Olympics

Courtesy of Sarz on faceache...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Is a "battling mosh pit" similar to a slurry pit?
                              Apparently not ..............

mosh pit

a thing that takes place at metal concerts in which people basically kick the living sh*t out of each other.
                              Well that's only one of a miriad of explanations in the Urban dictionary,there are five pages if you fancy a read ........... Urban Dictionary: mosh pit

Comment

I did much the same Goggle before I raised it here and couldn't find anything positive. The mind boggles........I'm sure there must be a good side to "Battling mosh pits" but I'm blessed if I can find it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X