No announcement yet.

How big are your ice boulders

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ice boulders here, well not that I'm aware of, but a really bad hailstorm for about 5 minutes. Himself had to stop the car in heavy traffic because he couldn't see a thing. Been raining and thundering most of the afternoon, but now it's glorious sunshine and really hot. Strange weather. Hope everything is ok for you LD.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

It could have been ears, too! Newport and Kairdiff have the same way with words!!

Comment

Found this picture on FB and thought of you poor souls who had the massive hailstones. Wall Photos | Facebook

Comment

Polytunnel and greenhouse OK here!
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Commiserations to anyone who has had the hail or heavy rain. I hope there isn't too much damage, the news reports look dire .
            Nothing here down in Kent, but very hot and muggy. Forecast is for a 10C drop in temperature overnight, typical as we are off to Brighton tomorrow. OH offered me a trip to the seaside, it's got nothing to do with the fact that DD has been visiting her fiance and is short of cash, so as we are 'in the area' we will give her a lift home
            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

well,at home we got to replace 2 bits of glass in GH,and 3 in another,the bad news is,the flippin weeds are still standing,at the lottie,other peeps with glass have a few roof panes gone,peeps blowawy PT,are still intact,as is our grow barn roof{old poly carbonate,the raspberries are blown over,the posts have all gone suddenly,aaaaaaand the little 3 courgetts i put out with flowerpot protection from the slugs,have had a bit of a bashing,thought for a mo they had been eaten,but the pieces were there to see,our asda closed no power,with cars and a caravan in our road with dents,thankfully mine looks fine,so all in all,we personaly are good,there are areas of ponds due to the drains not coping,our lawn has a little standing water,and we are high up,

oooooh,has anyone still got drought orders
              Last edited by lottie dolly; 28-06-2012, 06:07 PM.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well things kicked off here for a while (still in Newcastle) - in the pub we were saying the weather would probably be the evening local news story!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Such a weird day....just been out and watered the garden coz its been blue skies and sunshine all day. Waaaaay too hot for my liking!

Comment

I'd better go and water the courgettes in containers, the sun is still shining brightly.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Giant hail, thunder, flash floods and all I get is drizzle and fog. Can't even see my neighbour's house.

Ps. Sorry to hear about the broken glass. When is summer due?
                      Last edited by Dead Dogs; 28-06-2012, 07:00 PM.
                      Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Crikey LD - they be big 'uns! Hope you are all ok and that your barn roof is still in one piece. Thankfully all we had here was lashing rain and a bit of thunder. We're getting some freaky weather this year aren't we!
                        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Dogs View Post
                          When is summer due?
                          July 7th. I've made my mind up.....

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            July 7th. I've made my mind up.....
                            I'll make a note in my diary.
                            Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

I put in on another thread too, so it has to be right

Comment

They're huge, I've not see ice boulders that large before, we got of lightly here only had thunder showers.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X