No announcement yet.

How big are your ice boulders

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on your map maybe,just looked at forecast,and it be sooner here lol,by then their minds will have changed,
    LL,we call our home made green house the grow barn,as that is just what it looked like when we built the frame,we now got rid of the plastic,and replaced the roof with polycarbonat double skined,and the sides with double glazed units,all free for collection from a window place,i was bothered about the roof,but she is fine,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      They're huge, I've not see ice boulders that large before, we got of lightly here only had thunder showers.
      thats why i called them,ice boulders,our eldely neighbours have said,they never seen the likes before,am supprized no one else has had them,why us,and they came down with avengence lol,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        July 7th. I've made my mind up.....
        Good, I'm at an all day party that day, some sun would be nice.
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

My mum said it threw it down today in Worcester, with thunder, lightning and hail!

Comment

guess what this WAS,

as says above,the item was picked ready for use,and left outside,just before the ice boulders came down,the growing plant is the same,all bashed up from them tharr bolders,only found the main plant not long ago,unbelievable,,they will be not good this year now,
            There must be someone else on here that had them big ones
            Attached Files

Comment

Was it chard, bit hard to tell because its so bashed about.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

sorry no Brenda......................

Comment

Rhubarb !
                  There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
                    Rhubarb !
                    YES,it's my home 1,got it several years ago from a g centre,name?????,is slow growing as in spreading,but this year has very thick deep red stems,with a darker green leaf,it appears to have 3 veins into the leaf rather than just part of the stem,not seen this before,will have to google rhubarb,i plan to separate it back end,and but some down the lottie,

Comment

Start of Summer?

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      July 7th. I've made my mind up.....
                      It may have been the start of summer but the ice boulders arrived with us right on cue.

Ten minutes obliterated cucumbers, squashes, took the tops off most of the chillie and pepper plants, shredded the brassicas and I don't even want to talk about the melons... Still, the courgettes (in glut) survived unscathed!! Even two of our new fruit trees have been snapped. Pots of basil look like pesto and the plant labels have been shattered!

Glad we don't have any neighbours with cameras as we spent the entire storm trying to hold sheets of cardboard over the solar panels whilst being bombarded with rocks of ice. Ouch.
                      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry about that, PP - its sounds horrific Hope you can salvage some of your plants.
                        I'm still hoping that summer started here yesterday as the rain stopped late afternoon and the sun is out today.

Comment

OWCH PP,sorry to hear about your plants ext,isn't it just scarry whilest it's happening,it sounds worst for you than it was for us,as you had plants growing,where as ours are still making up their minds lol,hope your solar pannels are ok,but are they not made of tuffend glass,same as skylights,there are lots of peeps got them around our area,and they seem to be fine,including a bungalow bottom of our garden,hope you not got to many bruieses,

Comment

Crikey PP that sounds dreadful. Makes me feel it's not so bad here after all.
                            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X