No announcement yet.

Goodbye my dear friends

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you assume I'm arguing with you just because I answered your post almost to your words?
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Uber-Uncool View Post
      And just think on...you weren't the only one to post in those threads.
      Good point UU
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

I'm with the others Suzie,have a break see how you feel in a couple of weeks time ,even though the original thread has been pulled it has done some good,in that there are now new sticky threads one for techie'ish questions & another for answers & unsolicited tech advice,which is a positive outcome of sorts.
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'm off too.

No real democracy here. Too much like big brother. Lovely to have known you all...well most of you. Take care and have a good life.

Comment

Pisk, I know what you feel, been there, after a break, you come back to a whole new set of people. Some you miss..... Take a break, a longish one even, but don't let VR affect RL

You lot must be having a torrid summer, I've only seen this level of arguments at the end winter when people are suffering SAD ( I usually hide from the forum during that period, I do not like the arguments and like you prefer a bit of humour and help and wit.. yup I know I'm a bit lacking )
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post

No real democracy here.
              No, it isn't a democracy, and never claimed to be so. Although we do our best to strike a fair balance between what everyone wants, and what's best for the forum. However, I think you're misguided if you think that the majority of forum users want to see threads which appear to disparage other members and/or moderators.

Comment

Well I'll miss you guys. Haven't been here that long but really enjoyed the atmosphere. I'm not going to blame you or the mods. I know that I've found that a lot of sites have a 'shelf life' where if there is nothing new happening for yourself you start to feel you've outgrown or 'got over' a lot of the things talked about. I've wandered off some sites because I've outgrown them. One I left because I felt that it was no longer an open site, but more a group for those who'd always been there. I left because I don't like that clique-ishness. Funnily I'm friends with some of them elsewhere.......just not all of them together.. Wish you both well, but I'm still enjoying being here and will take no sides as I don't know even what threads have gone.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Drea View Post
                  Oh please don't start arguing with me. I simply gave my opinion of how the threads came across. It's nothing personal about you as I don't know you.
                  Crikey. Certainly no need for that attitude. To imply someone ' seemed a little... argumentative? Perhaps immature' is as personal as it can get.

I'm against any form of censorship and deleting a thread is just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                    Crikey. Certainly no need for that attitude. To imply someone ' seemed a little... argumentative? Perhaps immature' is as personal as it can get.

I have no idea what triggered Piskie's decison, but this thread is a perfect example how conversations/discussions in writing can go pear shaped. Like many emails, it is not the tone they were written in, but the tone in which they are read. How often have we heard someone in an office saying 'just listen to what they've said' and then read out an email with a 'tone' in their voice?

'Plotter, I have to say that I didn't think Drea was being personal, she was commenting on the way she thought the post came across to her. "But the last three threads I've seen from you have seemed a little... argumentative? Perhaps immature?"

Piskie, I think it is sad that you feel you must leave. I hope you might reconsider.
                    Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                    Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                      You lot must be having a torrid summer, I've only seen this level of arguments at the end winter when people are suffering SAD ( I usually hide from the forum during that period, I do not like the arguments and like you prefer a bit of humour and help and wit.. yup I know I'm a bit lacking)
                      Hehehe - I'd never thought of it that way - about the lack of summer and the thought of you hiding from here in the winter made me smile

Thanks for the 'humour and help and wit' comment, it is how I think of myself
                      *arrogance disclaimer inserted here

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                      ....but really enjoyed the atmosphere. I'm not going to blame you or the mods. I know that I've found that a lot of sites have a 'shelf life'
                      I agree, 98% of the time the atmosphere here is really good and helpful and supportive and I agree that sites have a shelf life. It's good to have fresh blood and turnover of personalities

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      I, too, was shocked by Drea's comments, not least because she mentioned my last three posts being of such vain - that confused me because my last three were the two that was pulled and one concerning a passport query, of which I got some really good advice.

Oddly enough I didn't lie awake worrying about my decision (enough to worry about where Snowdrop is just now!) and I'm pretty sure neither did any of you

I've had some really lovely support on PM, including some from people who have recently joined - thank you all for that.

It would be an odd world if we all agreed with everything we all said and I still stand by my Searching thread intention, it was never intended to cause hurt or insult to anyone, it appears to have pissed off only the Mods - I'm really not sure why and I'm even more unsure as to why one Mod felt the need to keep digging for something that wasn't there. But as that Mod feels so much of their time and life was wasted doing so - for that I can only apologise.

Something good came out of my pulled Searching thread, which is BB's idea of 'How To' - that is excellent and will help new Viners get around. Well done BB

I guess I'd best shut up and clear off now otherwise I will find myself handcuffed, blindfolded and waterboarded on the way to the naughty step.

Happy Saturday
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Ahhh well...........the norty step............we'll always be meeting there!
                        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                          Hehehe - I'd never thought of it that way - about the lack of summer and the thought of you hiding from here in the winter made me smile

Thanks for the 'humour and help and wit' comment, it is how I think of myself
                          *arrogance disclaimer inser

I agree, 98% of the time the atmosphere here is really good and helpful and supportive and I agree that sites have a shelf life. It's good to have fresh blood and turnover of personalities

I, too, was shocked by Drea's comments, not least because she mentioned my last three posts being of such vain - that confused me because my last three were the two that was pulled and one concerning a passport query, of which I got some really good advice.

Oddly enough I didn't lie awake worrying about my decision (enough to worry about where Snowdrop is just now!) and I'm pretty sure neither did any of you

I've had some really lovely support on PM, including some from people who have recently joined - thank you all for that.

It would be an odd world if we all agreed with everything we all said and I still stand by my Searching thread intention, it was never intended to cause hurt or insult to anyone, it appears to have pissed off only the Mods - I'm really not sure why and I'm even more unsure as to why one Mod felt the need to keep digging for something that wasn't there. But as that Mod feels so much of their time and life was wasted doing so - for that I can only apologise.

Something good came out of my pulled Searching thread, which is BB's idea of 'How To' - that is excellent and will help new Viners get around. Well done BB

I guess I'd best shut up and clear off now otherwise I will find myself handcuffed, blindfolded and waterboarded on the way to the naughty step.

Happy Saturday
                          If it 'wasn't there', why start a thread on it?

And why go on the offensive to a complete newbie (Drea) just because they were giving their point of view?

Anyway, much as I'd like to waste even more spare time on going round and round in circles, Life is far too short.

If anyone has any issues over any of our moderating decisions, go to the Forum Leaders page, click on any of the admin team's names and email or send them a PM. If any of the admin team feel that I have behaved badly in any way, I'll happily hang up the Moderator hat forever.

Either complain officially or drop it.

In order to pre-empt the stampede; I've referred the three threads in question to the admin team to get their views on them.
                          Last edited by zazen999; 23-06-2012, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            No, it isn't a democracy, and never claimed to be so. Although we do our best to strike a fair balance between what everyone wants, and what's best for the forum. However, I think you're misguided if you think that the majority of forum users want to see threads which appear to disparage other members and/or moderators.
                            Is that 'disparage' or is that 'disagree' with certain moderators.

Certainly know how it feels to be excluded on here. Barely been here for two years after being attacked by a mod(or three) (Quadrophenia?) for daring to disagree too strongly on the subject of raised beds!!!..Feels very frustrating to be denied the right of reply.... I still take it personally and I see nothing much has changed.

There is a difference between heated debate and 'personal' remarks....and is 'what's good for the site' is not necessarily to homogenise all opinion.... Or mould the forum to one moderators view, it may not be a democracy but the debate must be democratic or it becomes stale and souless.

That said, I think the vast majority of the moderators over the years have done a good and necessary job...plus as mentioned, there are legal implications for the mag and all its members....this is a public platform.

I have no idea what was said here..I tend to avoid this chit chat board...being an ol' devil's avocate... it's best that I just stick to Veg!....but I did read it was not about your comments Suzie.....I am not sure the moderation has been too heavy handed.

Is this perhaps all just a tinsy little bit histrionic?.....Goodness knows why I am am sticking my neck out here...mainly that I, for one, would be sad to see any more long standing grapes take offence and move away.

As Sarah has said 'Chillax dude.'

erm....shall I get my coat?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              And why go on the offensive to a complete newbie (Drea) just because they were giving their point of view?
                              And it was OK for a 'complete newbie (Drea)' to have her say about me? I would say my reply to her was more defensive than offensive.

Drea, if you read this, I have absolutely no issues with you whatsoever, I don't know you so how could I?
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

No Paul, I very carefully chose the word 'disparage'. And the original post/thread which kicked off this situation upset certain people, and then continued on to get incredibly rude and unpleasant. The subsequent decision of the mods to temporarily remove the thread while we decided what to do with it, led to all of this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X