Goodbye my dear friends

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    I think we are all suffering from the monsoon - Maugham's 'Rain' springs to mind.
    Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
    Now that both Piskie and Drea have said that neither of them have any issues with each other, can we please put this thread to bed and put it down to a misinterpretation of how a post was written?

Then we can get on with the more important task of working out how we are going to get any crop at all after the torrential downpouring of the summer so far, especially the past 24 hours?

Andy
    Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Andy - if we close this thread, there will be another complaining that we closed it!

I wholeheartedly agree with you - I have a new community plot that I am trying to get up and running and provide plants for, just after I'd given most of them away, so most of my spare time is currently spent sowing and potting on hundreds of squashes and beans for the volunteers to grow as they are desperate to get it up and running. So I'd best get dressed and get my hands dirty, eh?
    Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    I haven't read any of the threads that seem to have kick started this, so I cannot comment on them, but...
    I have in the past reported threads that seem to be going awry, and begged the Mods and Admin for them to be closed or deleted. I really hate confrontation, and the Vine is generally such a gentle, nurturing place to be, that it feels like coming home.

As we all know, and has been said many times, it is too easy to misread the tone of a post, and take offence or feel hurt by it. Been there, done that

I also know that the Mods discuss things together before taking action. Whatever happened in these threads will have been looked at collectively by the Mods, and the consequences reviewed. It will not be a personal decision by one of them, and it will not be a personal decision about one member. After all, it's not just one member talking to themselves in these threads, lots of members will have posted on them.

Piskie and Donna, I hope that you both change your minds, you both give lots of great advice. It has been a pleasure knowing both of you. And as I know, sometimes you just need a little space.
    I think everyone has had their chance to speak. I am not going to comment either way but I would ask you all to stop now.
    A lot of stuff has been said by a lot of people so, hopefully everyone has had a chance to air their views but nothing is going to be gained from going over old ground. I am not going to close this thread but I will if I think it is getting personal. Let's just take a bit of time in the garden relaxing (hopefully it isn't raining too badly where you are)
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      Do you have blackcurrant flavour?
      How about some Funky Cold Ribena?
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Lets all take a breath and go down to the gardeners rest together, sit in the beer garden in the sunshine and have a drink.

Comment

You buying Steve? Make mine a double!!

Comment

Pimms for me
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Forget Rennies.....

We all have our good days and our not so good...and then there's the downright crappy ones. And we all vent in different ways. xx
              Attached Files
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Just seen Donna leaving too.
                Nooooooo
                Come back.

Comment

Can we all be friendly again please, even if we can't be friends?

Can't comment on pulled threads, as I didn't see them - but I hate it when everyone starts arguing and sniping at each other. Sometimes IMO it's worth taking a few minutes before replying if something seems argumentative............ or a longer break if that's what needed.

Why leave altogether though? that seems very drastic/dramatic to me and something you may regret later.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    "I'm sure I will ruffle a few feathers with this". How right you were. Don't suppose you anticipated that they would be yours though?
                    That'll learn me eh
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Erm...did I miss something?

Okay, so I have no idea what has happened here, been too busy with other stuff, but Piskie - stay right where you are, who else could grace our presence with such a fine pair of dirty knees?
                      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

I'm not going to reply to individual posts but just wanted to say that I'm very sorry if I have offended you. To me, making a thread about a matter is welcoming opinions on it and that is my opinion.

I hope you can sort out the issues and I wish you all the best if you feel you have to go.

Comment

My Father say (many moons ago) 'engage brain first girl' - I'm pretty sure he will be looking down wagging his finger at me!

And for my part, I apologise if I offended you Drea
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Coffee anyone?

Gin and Tonic?
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm about to watch the rugby - so beer please
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Here comes Flo with her predictable proverbs.
                                This time, it's Least Said Soonest Mended.
                                I too think you should take a break to consider your decision carefully and if that decision is not to come back then so be it. Those antlers you got for your run seem to be on your head at the moment, it's not like you at all. All good wishes to you and I sincerely hope that Snowdrop is somewhere safe
                                Oh and before you go, pass the Rennies please?
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X