Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women that like football. Alison, I want to cuff you 'bout the ear!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

CHUFFIN' thievin' Insurance companies. AGAIN! Thieving barstewards, all of them!

I NEED to have insurance for around two months on my old car, so it is legal until it is sold. A short term policy is going to cost almost the same as an annual one. WTF!!! I can't afford to pay them all that, and the thieving Government now insist it MUST be insured. How many more ways can they screw us FFS!

Comment

JEEEEEEZ I'm CROSS!

Comment

G4
          Saw this advertised t'other day. I haven't used them but they may help.

Short Term Car Insurance - MoneySupermarket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            CHUFFIN' thievin' Insurance companies. AGAIN! Thieving barstewards, all of them!

I NEED to have insurance for around two months on my old car, so it is legal until it is sold. A short term policy is going to cost almost the same as an annual one. WTF!!! I can't afford to pay them all that, and the thieving Government now insist it MUST be insured. How many more ways can they screw us FFS!
            Can't you do it by DD and just cancel after two months by stopping the DD?!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Stoopid question but are you not covered by your own insurance to third party?
              Maybe worth checking but if you have then ignore me.
              people usually do

Comment

Originally posted by Piggle View Post
                the person who left a sick hedgehog outside my front door in the seering heat all day - no note, not anything. I had to give it emergency fluids and now I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't snuff it ....... why didn't they just knock on the door.
                Hope the little one makes it. I don't understand why people do this, I hear it happens regularly at other animal rescues too. I guess on that front its cowardice, but no idea why anyone would leave a poorly wild hedgehog without knocking. Probably just wanted it off their shoulders.

Comment

That's the thieving Barstewards I tried first, Steve. And, No - the other vehicle has to be insured too.

VVG - you are a devious moo - I like your style! (I'm so honest, I hadn't even thought of that!)

Comment

Why do you need to insure the second vehicle if it is not being used G4 ? can you not park it up on private property & then delare it SORN ?

G4 does your old car still have a current tax disc ?
                    Last edited by bearded bloke; 18-06-2012, 07:16 PM.
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                      Can't you do it by DD and just cancel after two months by stopping the DD?!
                      That would incur a policy cancellation charge,after 14 days it could be upto 70% of policy premium
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        €30 worth of peas sown and all but 10 seedlings left.
                        Flipping voles.

And ANOTHER €15 worth of peas been munched before they even managed to germinate.

That's it- we give up on peas this year.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm furious with the blasted (I did say blasted) snugs. They've now eaten my granddaughter's pumpkin and just how they've managed to chew the leaves off a 15" tall chillie in the stayput I'll never know Condolences Nicos
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Two days of no rain and the t*sser across the road is out watering his grass, the place is still sodden

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                              Why do you need to insure the second vehicle if it is not being used G4 ? can you not park it up on private property & then delare it SORN ?

G4 does your old car still have a current tax disc ?
                              I need to tax it, and it will need to be driven by prospective buyers. I wouldn't buy a car I couldn't drive!!!

I have now taken out a limited mileage policy, with another company, and told the original broker to disappear into the sunset.

My Rant? The same *insert very very rude words of choice* broker (above) who ignored my request for taking out business policy on my Husband's vehicle, thus leaving him driving around uninsured for two days, then sending a letter, by snail-mail, telling him he's not covered. If you advertise that you do everything on-line/by email, which is why I used you in the first place, then chuffin' well stick to it. I cannot even invent a rude enough word to describe the ineptitude of this company's staff. They supposedly have a good reputation, however, I will NEVER use them again.

I am now calm, just wanted to let you know it is now all sorted, all three vehicles are now covered.

Comment

Stupid, sodding, blummin', frickin' hayfever

I can't sleep, am having trouble seeing and breathing, can't stop sneezing and sniffing, have very fetching, sore and bright red, swollen eyes and nose. I feel sick from the amount of snot that is going down my throat and my eyes are permanently itchy and I daren't touch them.

All this on the maximum dose of antihistamines

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X