Light or dark or just plain old OCD

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear hear AP.

I for one would like a touch more OCD to help me along with my normal slap dash approach! So pass some more over folks.

I think I am usually 'company ready' these days - the loo roll is always hanging nicely down the outside of the roll (so long as the cat behaves and isn't going through one of her shredding phases) the seat lid is always down, and the towel beside the hand basin is nicely folded.

In the kitchen I usually have an empty sink and the cutlery drawer is nicely straight with the handles of the teaspoons pointing to the right. In the mug department I have bone china, pottery, patterned and plain to suit all tastes My favourite cup for coffee is a bone china one with gardening motifs on it.

The rest of the house is utter chaos.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
      Then shouldn't you have said on Donna's Rain Stops Play Thread? And anyway, if there are so many of us that are similar then, surely, we ARE the norm? (it's the other people you have to watch....)
      Birds of a feather flock together.
      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
        Then shouldn't you have said on Donna's Rain Stops Play Thread? And anyway, if there are so many of us that are similar then, surely, we ARE the norm? (it's the other people you have to watch....)

Noooh,nooh nooh,Couldn't possibly seek to steal Donna's Thunder. As for being the norm, I do take that point, but as I said, I didn't appreciate at the outset that there were so many people out there wrong in the head like me. I mean mugs with vertical stripes of blue, turquoise, white and black, and that taper towards the bottom, who could possibly have thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
          I didn't appreciate at the outset that there were so many people out there wrong in the head like me. I mean mugs with vertical stripes of blue, turquoise, white and black, and that taper towards the bottom, who could possibly have thought?
          Dear AP, I do not want you to think I am just a One Mug Wonder so today I am using the Co-ordinating mug that has vertical stripes of pink, cerise, white, maroon and black and also tapers towards the bottom. Yours, etc, VC

Comment

Oh I have a set of Aldi mugs, one of them has red stripes on white (tapers to the bottom - of course ) but the stripes are not even so it makes your eyes go wonky............I used it at home for a cuppa before work and then in theatres waiting for the baby to make it's appearance I looked over and there was someone's cup, the same design. Made me eyes go funny loike, and then I laughed. They all looked at me like I was odd! Well, yes I am, but it was the odd stripes that did it that day

I know there are many of you out there............I just can't be one! I'm all for colour and oddness, and not-quite-right. It's what makes me world go round...........
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

My stripes aren't even either - that would be far too orderly and disciplined for me! All this talk of coffee mugs, I'm going to put kettle on - can I make you a cuppa Feral?

Comment

Yes, please VC! Strong, milk, no sugar thanks.
                Last edited by Feral007; 09-06-2012, 12:37 PM.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Coming right up, Feral! Here you are.......

Comment

Can't be arrised to read all the posts on this thread. Does this mean I've got the opposite of OCD? .......... CGAS (Couldn't give a sh*t)
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Can't be arrised to read all the posts on this thread. Does this mean I've got the opposite of OCD? .......... CGAS (Couldn't give a sh*t)
                      You'd still better check out which way your toilet roll is hanging, Snadge!!

Comment

One of my mugs is bone china (cos I like thin mugs) with bright yellow sunflowers on, and the other has stripes with sheep, trees, flowers and blue sky on. We do have others, but those two are MINE. And yes I always have two mugs of tea at one go.
                        He has a bucket with an old lorry on it, and drinks his coffee so strong that you can cut the brown off the inside in slices. I'm called allsorts when I pinch it to wash lol.
                        As for socks and pairs..I'm sure we have one of unseen university's sock monsters living under the washing machine. How else can you put in two pairs, pull out only three socks..and one of them the odd one from the last wash?
                        Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X