No announcement yet.

Light or dark or just plain old OCD

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah G4,better to have coffee with a bit of cream mixed in & some custard creams beside for a tonal match
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

There are some mugs that coffee just tastes better out of! (That's not very good grammatically, but you know what I mean.) I have 2 lovely bone china mugs that a former colleague had hand-painted with my name on Mrs *****'s Mug. They are lovely, and I have one at work, so folks know it belongs to me! But my favourite mug is a much chunkier job bearing the legend I Love Spreadsheets. Coffee keeps hotter longer and it justs tastes better!

Comment

Beige is an insult!
        Since we've moved on seamlessly to the pegging out of washing, how many of you peg out socks in matching pairs, side by side?
        I don't but I do like all the socks to be together and all the other small items to be pegged together.

Comment

Our socks go on one of those multi hanger thingies you can buy in the £shops. it saves on line space.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            how many of you peg out socks in matching pairs, side by side?
            Is there any other way?

Comment

Haha - no I generally put the smaller items on the inner lines as the outside ones are for the bigger items. But when living in the city a friend and I used to laugh that each of us had a rello who would give us underwear for xmas. So just after xmas we'd hang the smalls on the outside line so people knew we did have some nice ones!

G4 I'm sorry but I use hurricane pegs here and the wooden ones just wont hold on strong enough! I've actually found some superstrong recycled pegs and trying them out.
              Do socks actually come in pairs? I thought you bought pairs and then they spent their time trying to lose each other?
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I don't think I have OCD of any kind. I'm just really very particular about stuff!

AP I can understand the mug thang.....if you take again something, you take agin it. End of. If there is something that you consider an eye sore, even subconsciously, it'll bug the bejesus out of you every time you see it.
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I thought beige was coffee and walnut cake....yummy
                  smalls go on the inside of the line if it spins and the bigger stuff goes outside to hide them. If it doesn't spin, it goes on the radiators in the house, and if there aren't any radiators, they go on the bookshelves over the edges

Comment

Whirly lines, like coloured plastic pegs are the spawn of satan. Washing lines should be straight, with a gurt big pole to prop the middle up. Small items, sadly, go on one of those nasty cheap little dangly things, as it saves space. Failing that, bung them all in the tumble dryer and moan about the leccy bill.

Also, and you will laugh - his stuff goes one side of the prop, mine goes t'other!

Who started this thread again, must go and cuff 'em round the lug-ole!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

And another thing......

........toilet rolls should be put on the holder so the tissue unwinds against the wall, not flapping out front like flag day.
                      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                        And another thing......

........toilet rolls should be put on the holder so the tissue unwinds against the wall, not flapping out front like flag day.
                        I agree totally - took me years to retrain the OH to put the toilet roll in the holder the right way

Socks in pairs? I buy OH loads of pairs of black socks, and also loads of black socks for myself (smaller size). I don't need to pair up socks then but I have to put all the socks on the line in size order. All OHs socks together and then all my socks together

Comment

I have to disagree with you both ^^^^^ I like flapping toilet rolls. I hate having to reach further than necessary for the paper and when it hangs free of the wall, surely its more hygeinic?

Comment

and heres me just shoving it on any old way - what bugs me is when you get to the bathroom and theres no bog roll, them you have to run down stairs, then back up again! anyway ... lol

Comment

First rule of going to the loo, always have some tissues in your pocket, just in case!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                First rule of going to the loo, always have some tissues in your pocket, just in case!

The only person i know who keeps tissues in their pockets is my nan lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X