This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Thank you Potty, You're just the man for the job - and we don't have to see you in tights - just in a frock
    Your welcome, its just a Habit I have.

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peas'n'Kews View Post
      I am not jealous, I am not jealous!!!
      We went to see a 4 acre wood with a stream (and wood anemones, but no badger sett). However it turned out to be set on a perpendicular hill with a bog at the bottom and horrible rhodedendrons covering much of it.
      One day, perhaps......
      Meanwhile, if you don't mind, me and the OH will enjoy your wood with you, oh what fun..... <sigh>
      I've looked at woods like that too and sometimes the "need" to have a wood can overcome common sense! Ultimately the right one comes along and I'm very pleased I waited for this one.
      So enjoy mine vicariously or come and look at it for real if you're ever in West Wales.

Comment

No plans for it - just wait and see what grows and lives in it. Get some advice on coppicing and clear some of the sycamore saplings. Take my wellies next time and unblock the streams. Borrow my neighbour and his chain saw to clear a few fallen trees and turn them into logs for the fire. Build another bridge across the stream. Just playing really!
        VC, did you buy it through woodlands.co.uk? cos they were offering £300 towards a course on wood management (or lots of others, actually....) when you buy a wood from them (at least in Devon).
        If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Ok then VC,bung me down for Much ( I do like a good fight me )
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            You lucky, lucky person................I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Have you got a resident tramp on it yet?............if not, do you want one?
            Perhaps a hermit, Victorian style??

Comment

Originally posted by Peas'n'Kews View Post
              VC, did you buy it through woodlands.co.uk? cos they were offering £300 towards a course on wood management (or lots of others, actually....) when you buy a wood from them (at least in Devon).
              Yes I did and Yes I can go on a course. Can't decide whether to do coppicing, green woodworking or whatever else is out there. Haven't looked into it yet. Definitely nothing to do with chain saws!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                Ok then VC,bung me down for Much ( I do like a good fight me )
                Thanks BB, Glad to have you in the cast!!

Comment

Of course you can - as long as I'm Maid Marian
                  Isn't Potty from Nottingham, he'll have to be the Sheriff
                  Anyone else want a part in this? We need a Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, can't remember anyone else
                  Erm.. The OH makes long bows and we both shoot them - its how we met! So perhaps he could be Robin Hood - but then you're Maid Marion and I'd be jealous, er...... Anyway, we wanna be in your gang (your gang, your gang).
                  Deep sigh, so wonderful ....

Comment

Ok, we'll be wench and merry man - at least you know you've got someone good with a bow! (that'd be him, not me!!! I'm not so good, but keen).
                    And we can fletch, so we can help BM out.
                    And we are dab hands at cooking over a camp fire, as we do this once a fortnight when we go and shoot our bows and arrows in a frend's wood.
                    And he's AWFULLY good at cutting up trees that fall down - one of his nicknames is "the tree terrorist"!

Another big sigh - am there in spirit.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Peas'n'Kews View Post
                      Ok, we'll be wench and merry man - at least you know you've got someone good with a bow! (that'd be him, not me!!! I'm not so good, but keen).
                      And we can fletch, so we can help BM out.
                      And we are dab hands at cooking over a camp fire, as we do this once a fortnight when we go and shoot our bows and arrows in a frend's wood.
                      And he's AWFULLY good at cutting up trees that fall down - one of his nicknames is "the tree terrorist"!

Another big sigh - am there in spirit.....
                      You two sound the most useful ones to have around (but don't tell the rest of the cast)

Comment

• Hi - I've just got in - look what happens to a thread in a couple of hours! Now I've missed all the "star" parts - but I could be one of the Wenches that spin and weave the cloth for everyone's Lincoln Green clothes.
                        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

• With a name like yours you could have been in King Richard's Court but have thrown your wimple in with the Merry band instead. Welcome to the cast!!

Comment

• Just wondering...are guitar-playing skills transferable to the lute? I wouldn't want to spoil the whole thing by shredding out some heavy metal.
                            Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

• As long as its not an electric lute , you should be OK.......

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                With a name like yours you could have been in King Richard's Court but have thrown your wimple in with the Merry band instead. Welcome to the cast!!
                                No! Much prefer to be in a Merry Band - lots of fun, adventures and excitement
                                I'd prefer to live life on the edge as it were!
                                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X