No announcement yet.

The cheek of some!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on to it Jules - I keep a portable with me one now!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      Hang on to it Jules - I keep a portable with me one now!
      Are you stood on it now, is that why I can see straight up yer nose?
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        Some of the TV Chefs have advised 'us' to snap off the unwanted portion, and just pay for the part we want.

Personally, I would use the stalks in soups, if they were left over, but we don't have 'left-over' food very often.
        TV chefs are catering for people that don't know what it's like to live on a budget, or only go out to eat once a year. I bet if they snap off the unwanted portion it goes in the next days soup or vegetable stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          Would the goods not be the property of the shop until paid for?
          Strictly speaking, theft doesn't occur until you leave the premises without paying. Saying that, I do remember recently (I think in Sainsbury's) seeing signs, asking people to pay for goods before eating them. Not sure if that was a legal notice aimed at snackers on pre-packed goods or just the supemarket getting peed off with grape eaters...

I used to eat grapes on the way round. * hangs head in shame* As a student we used to pick up a pack of sausage rolls and pay for the wrapper. *more shame*

Nowadays, I'm quite well behaved, although if I've got a migraine coming on due to dehydration, I will drink a sweet drink on the way round and explain at the till. Have done that twice and nobody's ever said anything.
          Last edited by SlugLobber; 02-05-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

That I would expect to be acceptable as it's for medicinal purpose.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

....like the bottle of brandy?

Comment

I often put the calabrese head into a bowl of water to keep it fresher in the fridge til we eat it - looks like an odd bunch of flowers sitting in there!

Comment

I will take the broccoli as it comes. I do, however, object to the added water "to keep it fresh" which just bumps up the weight again

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                    As a student we used to pick up a pack of sausage rolls and pay for the wrapper. *more shame*

But you paid for it... you didn't stuff the wrapper in a shelf somewhere. I will also admit to opening the odd item to placate a tired and grumpy toddler long enough to get the shopping finished. Worst time was when I realised at the checkout that I'd left my purse at home after he had been gnawing on a loaf of Tiger bread. Luckily I found 60-odd pence in coppers in the depths of my handbag...

Comment

Must be my old-fashioned upbringing but I could no more eat something that I hadn't paid for, or damage something that was offered for sale, than fly. I'd just wait until it was paid for or not buy it.

Comment

I see the amount of stem left on some broccoli heads as a rip-off.
                        If I know I am going to pay regardless, yes I would open a packet to keep a small child happy (I can only remember doing that a very few times). Otherwise, no, I probably wouldn't (I have done the 'drink it and pay for the bottle' thing when desperately thirsty and long check-out queues).
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I don't mind, got a whole bag of free broccoli stalks from them recently. My bunny was very chuffed - he thinks it's daft people throw away all the tastiest bits.

Comment

my FIL used to do this with broc, caul, mushrooms you name it, I dont mind to much as i got bunnies

yes im guilty of feeding fruit to my baby, mainly as i hate having a screaming child wanting to escape the trolly, i do get bemused looks at till when i pay for an empty packet, but I do only do it with items that dont need weighing though
                            Last edited by areia; 05-05-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X