Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A swarm of bees in May is worth a load of hay;
    A swarm of bees in June is worth a silver spoon;
    A swarm of bees in July isn't worth a fly.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Red Sky at night ................shepherd's hut's on fire
      Red sky in the morning - shepherd's warning, meaning the weather may not be so good.

See a pin and pick it up and all day
      You'll have a pin. (supposed to be good luck, but at least the pin thing is guaranteed).

My mother-in-law always used to say that it was bad luck to put shoes on a table, and that it was bad luck to stir things (cooking wise) with a knife as it stirred up strife! I always stir in water into pastry, scones etc with a knife!

Also if you passed someone on the stairs you would end up pregnant

Comment

If the horses are standing with their rumps pointing in the same direction you know the weather is going to be really bad. Hailstorms, whirlies, snow. It's never a good sign.

If you accidentally put your undies on inside out it's supposed to be good luck!

My mother-in-law always used to say that it was bad luck to put shoes on a table, and that it was bad luck to stir things (cooking wise) with a knife as it stirred up strife! I always stir in water into pastry, scones etc with a knife!

Also if you passed someone on the stairs you would end up pregnant [/QUOTE]
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Getting bird poo on you, or your clothing is supposed to bring good luck.

This, strangely, has proved correct on two occasions that I can think of!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X