Same sex marriage........why not?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by di View Post
    Nah, I just have them both...a purple top with turquoise underneath....I find cerise clashes with my cheeks on a hot day
    Or one's nose after a bottle of red!!

Comment

I find cerise clashes with my cheeks on a hot day
      Then pull your troosers up girl.........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Like Fi I am a Christian and the sooner the state and religion are completely separated the better. I am all for same sex anything and same sex marriage is a great idea. Finding love us difficult enough without dismissing aproxinately 50% of the population. Personally I think the church will never countenance gay weddings but it should be progressive enough not to decide what others do in a civil setting such as a register office or other licences venue. Many people don't understand how Christians can believe a bloke died and then was raised from the dead, I do. I also believe the old testament has no relevance once Christ was born as that's Jewish history not Christian. If the church can get over that chestnut then we may yet get same sex weddings in Churches but it should not be forced, certainly not by non believers and not by law otherwise our faith could well be shaped by those laws rather than faith. Religious freedom is just as important a right as the one for people to chose who they marry. At the moment same sex marriage is not possible but it should be and right soon.
        Last edited by pigletwillie; 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Nah, I just have them both...a purple top with turquoise underneath....I find cerise clashes with my cheeks on a hot day
          I presume that's hair colours then,if so sounds interesting & fun bung a piccy up
          If not do as Aberdeen Plotter says,although you may also want to bung that piccy up

*runs & hides from tirade of abuse*
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by pigletwillie
            Like Fi I am a Christian and the sooner the state and religion are completely separated the better...Personally I think the church will never countenance gay weddings but it should be progressive enough...If the church can get over that chestnut then we may yet get same sex weddings in Churches but it should not be forced, certainly not by non believers and not by law otherwise our faith could well be shaped by those laws rather than faith. Religious freedom is just as important a right as the one for people to chose who they marry. At the moment same sex marriage is not possible but it should be and right soon.
            Seems to me a seperation between State and Church would be a good thing - but can we do it without a revolution? Anyway's if folk want to get married or civil partnered then they should be able to. But if the Church don't want them doing it because of religious views and the people being married hold those religious views...well err, ummm.

Never mind marriage what about all those poor straight folk what want to be civil partners?!
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
              ....poor straight folk
              Aren't these odd terms:
              straight = heterosexual
              gay = homosexual - but isn't homo male, in which case what are two girlies called?

And what happened to gay = happy?

Labels are so confusing!
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                If not do as Aberdeen Plotter says,although you may also want to bung that piccy up

No abuse mate but out of interest,what did I say?

Comment

• And there was me worried you were talking behind my back....but if you don't know either
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

• Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                    Aren't these odd terms:
                    straight = heterosexual
                    gay = homosexual - but isn't homo male, in which case what are two girlies called?

And what happened to gay = happy?

Labels are so confusing!
                    They so are!!!

A friend popped round for coffee this afternoon and, yes, I also mentioned going to another friend's for coffee this morning. Anyway, we were talking labels and just how confusing they are. I absolutely detest the term bi sexual, to me it's like condemning any relationship before it ever starts...but then she added confusion by pointing out that the same could be said of a straight/gay couple. By labelling yourself as one or the other, are you saying you don't expect your current relationship to work? Is it not just easier to say 'I'm single' or 'I'm in love'

Another confusion to add to the thread...sorry, not started my knitting yet Would a 'man' that has gone through gender re-assignment and is now woman be allowed to marry her male partner in church? Legally, she is a woman.

Comment

They so are!!!
                      Another confusion to add to the thread...sorry, not started my knitting yet Would a 'man' that has gone through gender re-assignment and is now woman be allowed to marry her male partner in church? Legally, she is a woman.
                      Can someone please get Di her knitting before she thinks up any more questions

As to the above, I did a quick Google (because I didn't know) and could only find a Catholic opinion. They aren't allowed to marry in church because the Roman Catholic Church says that even if someone has had gender re-assignment they haven't changed their original gender (ie the one they were born with).
                      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

• Ok, so a male to female trans person, who is now legally female couldnt get married in a catholic church, but what if hr partner was a naturally born woman, would the catholic church then allow 2 women to marry? Or what if her partner was a female to male trans person? In their eyes they would still both be of opposite genders, so would they then allow them to marry? Im getting all confused! lol!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Sorry Suzanne.....I really will try and find my knitting needles for tomorrow night. x

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                            Ok, so a male to female trans person, who is now legally female couldnt get married in a catholic church, but what if hr partner was a naturally born woman, would the catholic church then allow 2 women to marry? Or what if her partner was a female to male trans person? In their eyes they would still both be of opposite genders, so would they then allow them to marry? Im getting all confused! lol!
                            You're confused!! So am I - very confused Why is life all shades of grey and not simple black & white? (Oops - not meaning black and white as in different races, you understand)
                            I think I might have an early night.........
                            Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Sorry Suzanne.....I really will try and find my knitting needles for tomorrow night. x
                              If you could please Di - my brain is about to implode.

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                If you could please Di - my brain is about to implode.
                                But then, tomorrow night is Wednesday night. Is that not the most boring night of the week? ( especially if you have aNOTHER school governor meeting....we have had so many lately, how very dare our Head leave )

Honestly, sorry. I have made no secret of the fact that evenings get a tad lonely on your own....perhaps I shall use the gov meet tomorrow night to ponder on some knitting threads x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X