Same sex marriage........why not?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
    I think that's a very good point. It's most unfair that a gay couple of deep faith can't be married in church yet a straight couple who have no belief and never attend services can do so because they want a 'pretty wedding'.
    My church will not just let you turn up to get married, you have to show a commitment to your faith.

As for gay marriage, the Churches view is that the relationship between a man and a woman for the procreation of children is the most revered relationship. It's even more important than the relationship between a parent and child. It may appear outdated, out of touch, unfair but it it the principle reason for marriage in the eyes of God. If every tenet of faith was wiped away to meet modern demands then you may just as well say you can go to heaven without any faith or belief in the gospels.
    The church does need to modernise, does need to seperate from the state but also stick to its core principles. Lots of things are presumed about religion but the church not allowing same sex marriage does not mean that God hates anybody, he doesn't!.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      My church will not just let you turn up to get married, you have to show a commitment to your faith.
      I agree that is how it should be which goes back to why we didn't get married in church as I have no connection there. However I know of several friends that have pretty much rolled up at a church they have never previously visited, turned up for the banns and that was it. Never been since. I seem to remember that one of them was told by the vicar that they could get a discount on the service if they came regularly or pay the higher price for convenience. Rather sad to me and a total indicment of his church.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X