No announcement yet.

Interview!!!:eek:

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you VC. I think I'm pleased to know now as opposed to being shocked when I walk in the room.

Outfit sorted, mate coming with me...she'll wait in the car,bath and hairwash tonight and mad panic in the morning!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Do you know who else is on the interview panel? If you know, check out their background. That may help you tailor your replies to what they want to hear!

Comment

No, I don't. Not sure I'm supposed to know what I know. He's a really good friend of a really good friend of mine. I also worked with him years ago.
        I think what's worrying me is that I know him more on a friend basis than proffesional. If it was my old manager I'd not be so worried.

It will all be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          Good luck lass, knock 'em dead.......don't forget to cover the tats & piercings.......
          Read this and thought it was a euphemism.....

A friend of mine, and this is a real friend not me, used to wear his wifes knickers to interviews. That way he always had a look on his face that told them he knew something they didn't. Personally I would never have admitted to that!!

Remember some simple rules, they will ask you why you want the job so have a prepared answer, they may well ask you what you think of them, and they will ask you if you have any questions. Have at least two questions, and try to bring in attributes about yourself into them. I think the worst question of all is the 'What are your strengths and weaknesses question?, this shows a very weak interviewer in my humble opinion.

Consider your answers and try not to babble, silence is just as unnerving to them as it is to you, and will generally make them ask another question. Silence is an art form, having worked in sales for ... years, it can be a very valuable tool.

I always like to put them on the spot and ask them why they asked you for interview, it more often than not allows you to pad out their opinion of you in a good way.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            ....don't forget to cover the tats & piercings.......
            I thought it was a typo - I was far too modest to comment (then)!

Comment

What? I have my ears pierced once...I shall make sure and straighten my hair over them

Comment

I'm not sure what VC's been upto today, thats at least the third new avatar I've seen, and I've only popped in and out.

Good Luck for tomorrow Di.
                Last edited by Mikey; 21-02-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                  I'm not sure what VC's been upto today, thats at least the third new avatar I've seen, and I've only popped in and out.
                  Good Luck for tomorrow Di.
                  We were encouraged to put our photos on the Companionship thingy but I just couldn't stand looking at myself all the time - and it must be worse for everyone else! This one is less obviously me and if you had a magnifying glass you would see that I have my camera on my head taking the photo of me in a mirror! Stupid or what?

Oh, before I forget, Good luck Di. Will be thinking of you!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    if you had a magnifying glass you would see that I have my camera on my head taking the photo of me in a mirror! Stupid or what?
                    There was me thinking you were just pulling back your golden locks.

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
                      New panic....I know someone on the interview panel
                      STOP THAT,be your own person,you could always have interview practice with other peeps asking you things,look in the mirror at yourself,eye to eye when giving an answer,and see what message you send out,all helpfull,then do nothing on the day only relax
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                        There was me thinking you were just pulling back your golden locks.
                        Silver locks - far more unusual - in one SO young!

Comment

Outfit sorted, mate coming with me...she'll wait in the car,bath and hairwash tonight and mad panic in the morning!
                          Sounds like you are sorted and good to go to me. Good luck. Let us know what time it is, so we can be thinking of you

Comment

New panic....I know someone on the interview panel
                            Great news, if they know you and have still invited you, then they can only think good of you, I would say you have one person on the panel rooting for you already (to add to all us grapes that will be rooting for you aswell!)

I wish you all the best for tomorrow, I wont wish you luck, you wont need it, just go in there and knock em dead! Be positive, be confident, smile and maintain eye contact, take your time to think about your answers (a good trick is to repeat the question if you get stuck, as it gives you time to think and ensures you have understood what they are asking)

I had my first day at new job today, training in the HO, you will be starting your first day soon!
                            Blessings
                            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Well done Suzanne. How was it?

Comment

Ooh, it was lush! 10am til 4pm, with lunch provided and 45 mins to have lunch! A tour of the brand new and very plush new offices, intro to everyone, really nice people! Ive got 2 more days training, then into a branch on Friday with my Regional Manager, lots of folks who started 12 months ago are now Regional Managers, or Operations, or Training, so loads of opportunities, they want 600 stores in the uk, currently opened 23 in last 18 months over here (600 in Canada and some also in Australia) and are opening another 50 in the UK this year, so plenty of scope to get on!

So far not exactly sure what I will be doing each day, but it doesnt involve working til 8pm, or working 60 to 80 hour weeks, or going out in the rain to fit bulbs n stuff to customers cars, if you work OT, then they want you to take it back asap, seems like a great place to work! Still not heard back from Tesco about the night manager role (more money and ok prospects) with them which I had an interview for last Thursday, they said I would know by today, if you had asked me yesterday I would have said I would take the Tesco job, now Im not so sure, this seems like the sort of company I could gel with, ethos is Open, Honest, Integrity, Teamwork and Loyalty, they seem to value people, which is how Halfords used to be!

Anyhows, thanks for asking Di, but I dont want to hijack your thread, you will do great tomorrow and Im sure you will get the job with them!
                                Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 21-02-2012, 05:47 PM.
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X