No announcement yet.

Interview!!!:eek:

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Suzie...I think it will be smart black trousers(that are long enough to hide my scuffed boots ) and black jacket...might even press a nice white shirt for the occasion
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
      Thanks, Suzie...
      Yikes, you used my Sunday name I like it
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Phewww! Thought you did, but just had to double check you do use it in your signature...giving away a name would be nearly as bad as a phone number x

Comment

Go in there with a smile and knock their socks off.
          Ach, you'll ace it di, obviously you are in the running. Just as long as you remember - you do need to be wearing more than just a smile..
          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

The 1st 15 seconds is what counts, held head high, firm handshake and look them in the eye, I've worked with both daughters on CV's and interview techniques, both in work, one was offered 3 jobs in 1 day,other got job that had 600 applicants.

Comment

I agree with what Suzie said - it's still important to look clean and tidy and to dress smartly at the interview. Not to go for overkill, but smart nevertheless.
              No-one likes going for an interview - sometimes just the thought of it is worse than the reality, so get in there and give them your best shot.
              Good luck, we'll all be cheering for you on the 22nd.
              Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Some nice deep breaths - in with the "good" vibes - out with the bad - just before you go in and eat breakfast before you go - you don't want your belly rumbling during a pause in conversation!
                When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Well done Di. We'll all be thinking of you on the day. You'll be fine I'm sure.

Comment

Congratulations di well done, Its not easy getting to the interview stage these days. \o/ Good luck on the 22nd
                    Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                    Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                    -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Great news on the interview! What's it for (job wise)?

fingers crossed for you!

Comment

thats brilliant news - congratulations

You obviously did send your application - otherwise you wouldn't have the interview.
                        You should have a job description, so you need to think about what you've done that matches those requirements, even if it's home stuff and then the hardest part which is find some confidence, even if only lasts as long as the interview. Start telling yourself now that you can do it.
                        Clothes wise, in my very recent experience, I've discovered that it's smart but fairly casual, suits not required. It's a lot less formal than 10/15 years ago. I wore a smart pair of trousers and a blouse for some, and a grey 60s shift style dress with a long sleeved top underneath to hide my sleeve of tats, Flat shoes & heavy denier tights for others. I asked a recruitment agency what they recommended as it had been so long and they were right, even though I felt underdressed before I got there, I would have felt very overdress in a suit at the interview as they all wore smart casual too.

go get them girl - you're a very capable, smart, caring asset for any company.

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
                          Thanks, Suzie...I think it will be smart black trousers(that are long enough to hide my scuffed boots ) and black jacket...might even press a nice white shirt for the occasion
                          Liking the outfit choice di I interview quite a few people and those that manage to relax a little (difficult in that situation I know!) are the ones who do well as you see the real person. If the interviewer is any good they should try and put you at ease too. Remember they are trying to find the right person too - you've just got to help them to see that it is quite clearly you!! Go for it - do a little background reading about the job/company too so you know what they've been up to lately.Good luck

Comment

Brilliant news! Can you do an application fo me too! I have same problem with vagueness! All that previous salary and howmany days off!!!! Good luck Di! xx
                            http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Believe me, Donna, you'd not want me too. I sat and struggled and struggled...in the end I just settled for a ten year period with the heading 'Various work' ....perhaps if I don't get this one, I should consider getting help with my CV.

Chris, it's relief hours, working with Adults with Learning Disabilities. I think mainly daytime hours, but possibly also some shift work...that would suit me down to the ground with the kiddies. I'd worked out, if I do three days or shifts a week in school time, I could then cut down to just two in the holidays to average out 16 hours a week...alas, it seems they're upping the hours you need to work to get tax credits to 24

I'm not work shy, in fact quite looking forward to getting back into it, just 24 hours is going to be a lot tougher to juggle childcare and work.

Comment

All the best and well done you, after a week, you'll be wondering what you were worrying about
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X