No announcement yet.

Interview!!!:eek:

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention , know a little bit about the company that you would be working for, shows you're keen and done your home work. Do you know anyone else who works for them to get some insider knowledge of post etc. also work out what questions you may want to ask in advance eg what training do they offer

Comment

The interviews I've gone to recently - I've worn a black suit, but not a shirt/blouse, instead I've picked a nice, smart top (from a supermarket!) in a nice colour - I've got a dark red one and a jade green one (same style).

I've put my hair up (cos it's really long, even in a ponytail!) and slapped on a teeny bit of make-up - enough to even my skin tone and brighten my eyes.

Wear comfy (but smart) shoes, cos if you totter in or out, or you have sore feet, it looks bad.

Also, if you can, make sure you scope out the place you are being interviewed at. Do you know where it actually is? Is there parking if you need it? Do you need to pay for parking? How far is it from the bus stop? Are there lots of stairs (shoes!!)?

Comment

I know where it is and also my friend lives less than a five minute walk away, so I could park at hers. Would still like to check if I can get even closer, just in case it's tipping down with rain.
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Good luck!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Good luck.

Try not to dress too sexily for the interview

Comment

You've seen neither my wardrobe nor bank balance...don't think there's any danger of that!

Comment

...I thought the 22nd was next week, it's not. It's this Wednesday!

Comment

and double

We love you, so will they, you'll be fine Di. x
                  A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thank you. I just thought I'd got a whole week to prepare. If it wasn't for my mates pointing it out, I'd have missed it

Comment

Haviong had 12 interviews in the last 2 weeks I can cateforically say that as long as you have done your homework, practiced the attitude you want to portray and sorted your route and clothes beforehand, then you will be fine. In most cases they are looking for cetain types of people, if you are what they want, then you will get the job, the trick is to play to the strengths you feel they are looking for whilst being yourself. If you dont get it, dont fret, it wasnt meant to be and was just a case of you werent exactly what they were looking for, nothing more, you havent failed at anything, stay positive and focussed and your dream job will appear!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I'm not confident in these situations, but I'm often told 'act confident' - i.e pretend! It's easier than it sounds!

Comment

New panic....I know someone on the interview panel

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
                            New panic....I know someone on the interview panel
                            So? Do they know you in a work capacity? If so, and they think you're good, that's better for you.
                            Of course if they "know" you in another way.........

Comment

Thankfully not 'know' like that.

It is in a work capacity, just harder to blow your trumpet around friends.

Comment

You shouldn't need to blow it so loudly amongst friends! Also, they will know the real you as opposed to the interview you. When I've been on an interview panel, we would declare an interest if we knew the person and, sometimes, withhold our vote. But we would be asked by the rest of the panel for our personal opinion of the candidate and that gave us an opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the candidate' strengths and weaknesses, that may not have been obvious during the interview.
                                I would look on it as a positive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X