No announcement yet.

Drought?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluid Master adjust a flush, says it all really if you know your loo's. The pans where designed and tested matched to a given water flow. So if you just reduce the amount of water things may get left in the bowl, then you have to flush again. The device is adjustable to take account of this so that you can increase the amount of water used until you get a working loo.

Duel flush conversion is a goer but it only half solves the problem as you will still have to use a lagre amount of water for a poo flush. You would actually save more water using 'if its yellow let it mellow'.

Your first idea was the best, a form of grant to replace the loo suite. The boiler scrappage scheme was a great success but that was only really bought in to fulfill Mr Blairs promise to the EU. If it had been purely a domestic issue they would not have spent the dosh.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps we should start a campaign for loo replacement then. Anyone interested?

Comment

Isn't it easier to leave all the bath/shower water in the bath and use that water to flush the loo,.
        I've been filling a small bucket from the bath and pouring it into the loo

Comment

Not when the loo is in a different room to the bathroom, you have a shower cubicle which doesn't hold water and rarely bath!

Comment

fair enough

Comment

we got duel flushes in our bathroom and onsuit,and like's been said already,nowt wrong with the old way,1 bowl of water plus whatever you wish to go with it,it also saves you time,and you JUST as fresh and clean,start at the top and work your way down,if you on your own and it a bit chill,put the fire on and close the curtains
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Due to my work I have to shower sometimes twice a day and a bowl of water wouldn't cut the mustard I am afraid.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Where do you work Potty? The Colman's factory....

Comment

How I wish I luv mustard in all its forms.

The problem I have is probably unknown to forum members. But to realise how some people live you have to work in their house's. Usually we spot a 'bad' one before we enter so turn back and walk away. Sometimes we get it wrong so its back home (sorry ladies) strip down to the shreddies at the back door, bag up the discarded clothing, straight in the shower for a de-louse, new clothes and back to work.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Has the UK discovered Hugelculture yet?

It's a type of raised bed where you bury bits of wood, the bigger the better, and they act as a giant water-holding crystals which absorbs water when it rains and then release it very slowly during dry periods. The wood gradually breaks down, slowly enough that it doesn't cause nitrogen robbing, leaving rich fertile soil, but in the meantime you hardly have to use any irrigation.

Comment

[QUOTE=Potstubsdustbins;979719]How I wish I luv mustard in all its forms.

The problem I have is probably unknown to forum members. But to realise how some people live you have to work in their house's. Usually we spot a 'bad' one before we enter so turn back and walk away. Sometimes we get it wrong so its back home (sorry ladies) strip down to the shreddies at the back door, bag up the discarded clothing, straight in the shower for a de-louse, new clothes and back to work.

that is very understandable,as i said unless,,my BIL did the same when working with grain,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Quote from Chris Evans.....

'this is the wettest drought on record' ..........fantastic!

Comment

bbc forecasting rain right through till sunday .... there might be some breaks in the rain so i'll be ready to rush down the garden any moment the sun shines .....
                            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Trouble is its the wrong type of rain or so we are told.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

This is the wettest drought I've known for years..................
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X