No announcement yet.

What are all of our occupations?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done the boring stuff - admin, retail, bar staff - and am currently working in support for adults with ASD (Autistic spectrum disorders). I also work as a nightlife and wedding photographer, and DJ out a lot for money and lots of fun. My weeks are jam packed, especially once I add on my other interests and things, such as college one day a week for RHS level 2, my allotment, physiotherapy, cycling, sewing, baking and music production. Phew! One day, I will have a day off. One day...

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
      Wow what an interesting life you have had.

I am Mum first, to five kids, 4 of them grown up, grandma to an 11 year old and new grandbaby due in August. I have two part time jobs, one in large supermarket, one in chocolate shop that also sells cards and gifts.
      I am on the allotment committee and field warden for my site.
      I am also on the local carnival committee.
      Oh yeah and I am a wife lol.

I wanted to be a gardener & a mum, too late for either now. Mums are worth thier weight in gold

Comment

Work for a firm of Insurance Brokers, mostly big stuff so don't ask me about your household or car insurance......on the other hand, if anyone out there owns an oil rig or a refinery, let's talk!!!

Do 4 days a week locally and 1 day commuting to London, which is a real drag, but on the plus side, my train goes right past the allotment so the sight of that just makes me think that even though I've probably got a day of hurly burly ahead in London, it won't be long before I'm back there again with my hands in the soil ! Gonna build a proper brassica cage this weekend if the weather's OK.
        Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

ooooh! Are you single?
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
            ooooh! Are you single?
            Blimey girl, you were quick off the mark
            Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
            Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

I make adhesives, since 1992 I have run a company manufacturing adhesives, I now have 3 factories One in the UK and 2 in Eastern europe.

The worst bit is driving between them as i dont like flying, it takes 3 days to get to Bulgaria.

The best bit is that i get to have big garden in a warm place for a low price , there are more growing days a year , but still cold with lots of snow in the winter.
              Last edited by starloc; 18-02-2012, 09:16 AM.
              Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

^ that's who you want to be asking that di

I make drugs and things out of cloth/wool.

Worked in bakery, in the creamery and cake decorating depts, in the shops all over, as a nanny, in factories. Did a spot of painting at one time, and forgot, do some cd design for bands too.
                Last edited by taff; 19-02-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I was a ladieswear designer until my boys came along, a year doing freelance work stuck in a London flat with toddlers was no fun. I now work for my husband who works for himself - any admin/artwork or running around that fits in with the kids chores/cleaning cooking taxi service etc...

Comment

I used to be someone quite big and clever in the field of archive conservation. Due to a series of unforseen circumstances, I am now a stay at home mum of four and wife to a lovely man. Even though it wasn't a smooth path, I'm so thankful to be here, where I truly feel I belong!
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Drug pusher

(Legal)
                      The cats' valet.

Comment

Originally posted by starloc View Post
                        I make adhesives, since 1992 I have run a company manufacturing adhesives, I now have 3 factories One in the UK and 2 in Eastern europe.

The worst bit is driving between them as i dont like flying, it takes 3 days to get to Bulgaria.

The best bit is that i get to have big garden in a warm place for a low price , there are more growing days a year , but still cold with lots of snow in the winter.
                        If I may ask do you post on M B Mayhem?

Colin H
                        Last edited by Potstubsdustbins; 18-02-2012, 10:13 PM.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by singleseeder View Post
                          Blimey girl, you were quick off the mark

\Too right...early bird and all

Comment

Think Vince knows he's safe though!!!

Comment

I did loads of different jobs in my younger days, but for the last 19 years (eek, is it that long?) I have been a secondary school teacher. Now working in an Academy ... and what a joy that is! I long for the opportunity to go part-time and or retire but the govt has moved the goal posts and now I have 10 more years to look forward to rather than five. I just want to spend more time with my spade.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                                If I may ask do you post on M B Mayhem?

Colin H
                                I do, I spend too long on the computer now on forums about gardening as well as cars / models / laser cutting and other strange things i tend to sit waiting for ferries a lot ( or superglue to distill ) it gets boring so i use the forums , far more often gardening forums more than models now as i need to get good at gardening to try and gain control of the gardens in Bulgaria
                                Last edited by starloc; 19-02-2012, 12:40 PM.
                                Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X