No announcement yet.

What are all of our occupations?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Architect by Profession, but now own a bathroom & kitchen company. I must admit though, I would rather own a smallholding, and a couple acre herb garden, I'm a country boy at heart. One day.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Whoooo Minskey ,that top us all, what a great career you have had and still have.

Comment

I am a Senior Systems Engineer on the Trading floor of an Investment bank.

Would love to do an outdoors'y job though, epically in the summer!

Darren.
        Chilli Grower
        mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
        +----------------------------------+
        | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
        +----------------------------------+

Comment

been in the motor trade all my working life (26 years)
          started as workshop apprentice @ a Volvo dealer, then moved to the parts dept
          left cars for bikes for a short while then back to cars
          currently parts manager for a Land Rover dealers...been here 9 years
          time for a change....been saying that for past 2 years but this year is the year i hope............

Comment

Was a Painter and decorator, became a school teacher and now, like the other 2.6 million, unemployed, but hey ho life goes on.

Comment

I'm a Network Admin for a large American Medical Device company. Being an American Company means that the Holiday allocation is miserable so all my gardening is early morning or late evening

Comment

I've been a Pensions Administrator for over 15 years (in the final salary sector) and gradually seen the sad decline of what was once a superior institution. It is a dying industry so I've got to hang in there while I can. And btw I do not have a final salary pension to look forward to when I retire!!!

The best job I ever had was when I was between pensions jobs and was a full time live in barman at a pub overlooking Blackheath. Hard work, low pay but great fun.

Comment

Started out computer programming, in the COBOL days, quit to be a Mum, then got into small-scale farming (mostly sheep), now assist OH who is a Chartered Surveyor.
                  For someone (like me) who enjoys minding ther people's business (in a purely curiosity sense) it's a great job. Most days I get to look round someone's home, see what books they read, what pictures are on the walls etc......
                  Then we get back to base, he does his own typing, and I proofread!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I'm a science technician, starting a new job at the start of March at the local college - really looking forward to it as older kids - sorry 'young learners' and mostly A-level and higher courses so hopefully much more interesting!

Comment

For the first four years after leaving school I was a slaughterman. Crap job, crap pay and crap hours.

I left that job to become a subteranian mineral extraction engineer (coal miner). Long hard days of working, in sometimes, pretty dangerous conditions. 72 hour weeks allowed me to save up, buy 'The Cottage' and retire mortgage free at 34. I am now coming up to my fiftieth birthday and (by and large) am as happy as a pig in muck.
                      It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

I am a primary school teacher - theoretically I work part time 3 days a week but realistically I work longer hours than my husband who works full time. Two days at home doing house things plus of course time up the allotment. Exhausting but enjoyable job - never dull!

Comment

Grounds Supervisor,(Head Groundsman) taking an HND in Seatwarming at evening classes!
                          Last edited by Snadger; 16-02-2012, 06:05 PM.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Educator of young minds too. From 11-19, so they're all twice my size. Have worked across key stages 1-5, just not EYFS with the tiddly winks. Have good days and bad days. And spreading the word of the dirty shovel club when and where I can.
                            Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Retired Physio, I've had my hands on some very famous legs !!!!!

Comment

I 'might' soon be working with Adults with Learning Disabilities again!
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X