No announcement yet.

What are all of our occupations?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have always been a scientist. Have worked in Diagnostics, drug discovery and genetics (both cancer research) and then in gastro-intestinal disease researching mucositis. That was my dream job, so naturally I was made redundant last year (one of the big pharma).

Went back to Uni to do my PhD at last, so I can sit out the recession (am funded for 4yrs) and maximise my job prospects. So, am now developing an in-vitro model of studying the effect of mucus on drug delivery in the airways (ideal for me, as my professional aim is to reduce animal experimentation, which this does).

Comment

I work in the emergency control room of the ambulance service, I have to admit it's very draining work . I think that's why I have got more involved in gardening this past year, it really does help me switch off
      Kaye x

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments."

Comment

Well, until October last year I was an IT Security Consultant travelling all round UK and Europe, away most weeks, OH having to care for stuff in cold frames (which he'd made) - exciting, eh? No way, just plain exhausting....

Then we inherited some money and I am now retired!!!!

Its the best thing ever (I think someone else said that about retirement earlier in the listing). I am the luckiest person every, and I thank the gods everyday.
        If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X