No announcement yet.

Dating Agencies,

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with the one you have = the chook not your knees!

Comment

There's just something rather 'rather' about her knees

So! What do you do once you've joined...sit and wait for someone to find your wellies irresistable or actually send a message. And whatever does one say???
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Oh, sorry lovlies...you could be in for another fun night from me!.....have been waiting til 7:00 to have my first glass of wine...forgot my clocks never did get changed!

Going to have a bath now and shall have a small pot of coffee waiting for when I get out! x

Comment

As I've got two kiddies, I assume they'll know I meant agency virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
            ..sit and wait ...or actually send a message. And whatever does one say???
            Hello ?
            that's always a good start, lol

As I've got two kiddies ...
            are you going with that as an opener? It *might* scare some folk off ~ think you're looking for a substitute father ~ possibly better for them to get to know YOU first...?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Well, speaking as a single bloke who in theory is looking:

1) Mentioning the kids straight off is not necessarily a deterrent. It will be a bullsh!t filter though, insofar as it will weed out anyone who is not up for responsibility, and has a limited repertoire of social skills. And kids are good at spotting fakes ! Anyone who mentions later on that they have a family - like, months later, rather than a second meeting - I'd drop like a hot potato, as a bit inclined to avoid inconvenient facts.
              2) I care more about the content, the story of life and likes, than I do the way it is presented. (Although I might want to call the apostrophe police, or assume two people irrevocably divided by a common language, if I detected an inability to write in anything other than textspeak.) You strike me as being a good enough communicator, after all you don't have to be perfect. If you were perfect, you wouldn't be weeding out all the control freaks who need perfection !
              (I should also say, dyslexia wouldn't put me off.)
              3) As regards pictures, well a genuine unposed photo of windblown hair and a smile on top of a hill would attract me far more than a painted face created after hours of researching different combinations of makeup recommended by magazines.
              4) To use a sea fishing metaphor, looks are a lure, but personality is the hook. You can catch the fish without being alluring, although it is harder - but it's the real you that will keep your catch. So I'd be keen to meet a new woman in her "happy habitat" if possible.
              5) Trust me, we're not that worried about your knees, unless your boobs are covering them !
              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Snohare, That's sounds like a "Want" ad!

Comment

Oh, sorry lovlies...you could be in for another fun night from me!.....have been waiting til 7:00 to have my first glass of wine...forgot my clocks never did get changed!

Going to have a bath now and shall have a small pot of coffee waiting for when I get out! x
                  Di - drinking coffee late in the evening is not helping you!

I met Mr Z on a dating website but that was a while ago now...I had to weed out alot of nonsense and [quite frankly] it was a fluke that we both were on the same website at the same time and got a result as they say. You have to be quite hardy to not get taken in by some of the stuff they write...it's aimed to have the desired effect on the ladeez...one chap met my friend and his photo was over 10 years old and the shock when she met him was - well - probably not broadcastable on here. I got the text messages at the time as we would make sure each other was ok on meetings. So do prepare yourself if you do join.

I had been single and happy for at least 5-6 years prior to that and was quite content - my friend and I only joined for a joke and we both ended up meeting people on there - she is now married to hers and has 3 kids so another success story there - those seeking respite from loneliness are probably at risk of being taken in by some quite shocking practices so I really hope it works out for you.

Comment

Di, Come down to Carmarthen on 18th February for a free hug!
                    http://eclecticx.files.wordpress.com...-poster-a4.jpg
                    Similar events throughout the world!

Comment

sounds like a "Want" ad!
                      Veggie, with my health I would be a ball and chain around the ankles of any woman who met me. Which she wouldn't in any case, since there are neither buses to take me anywhere of an evening from my rural exile, nor bus fare in my pocket ! And last but not least, I am still in love with a girl who I was foolish enough to let go...and right enough, she has a wonderful, productive life without me now, and I think it was the right decision for her...but I find it hard not to think, "If only..." Regret is a curse I know no cure for.

Sorry for hijacking !

Comment

Maybe you'd better come down to Carmarthen on the 28th too! Plenty of free hugs down here!

Comment

So many replies...

...first TS...it's a catch 22, I think I'd prefer to scare them away before and not after. Much as my previous partner said 'they' weren't a problem, I know they were. They are me and hiding them is hiding the biggest part of me.

...Snohare....seems we're far too far away Thanks for the tips and please don't apologise for hijacking...the Vine has had enough of my self pity, please, anyone that wants to share that with me, hop on! Seriously though, stop with the regrets. Maybe you weren't right for her, but that also means she wasn't right for you...cut out the blame, stop analysing and get out there!

...Zazen...it wasn't so late at the time and I wouldn't normally do it, I also wouldn't normally have a glass of wine at 6pm...forgot the clocks are still an hour wrong. Anyway, I had a Pepsi instead! I will be very careful, promise. I've learnt a huge lesson this year and that's that the kiddies come first, I've done the falling head over heels and being vacant of all other responsibilities, then introduced to the kiddies, only for them to fall in love too. Whatever comes of this, it will be slow. (also, I think I'm still in love and me being me, I can't just switch that off anyway...I shall be making it clear that I'm looking for friendship above anything else)

...VC..I did look for Andrtex tissues in the co op...they were a bit on the expensive side but I did get half price Andrex loo rolls...I shall get to work on the red hearts first thing tomorrow...please don't cry tears over me...the miles would always have been an issue ....may have a looksie for a free local hug though.

Thank you everyone...you're a good bunch. xx

Comment

It seems to me that we are all damaged goods in some way, the question is what do we do about being imperfect ?
                            I cannot be the only one for whom it isn't achievement that inspires, it is the efforts made...so keep at it, Di ! (I'm checking the Megabus prices. I'm sure they will never notice the labrador...)

Comment

Loo rolls with embroidered hearts! Can you use soft wool for the embroidery please, as I'm very delicate!

Comment

I don't know how good the advice we hand out is, but it looks like this thread is on a roll...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X