No announcement yet.

Let's get on!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done you lot, quite a hive of industry. Did most of that yesterday when I had the day off.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Gawd almighty - took me 1.5 hours to clean out the girls and barrierise it - but it's done! Have also shifted the pile of bricks we skipped from where dirty boy Mr VVG left them. Two slices to my fingers, a change of clothes and I have made a brick honeypot planter as well.
      A quick sort through my seeds for roots, a coffee and my radio and I'm back to the greenhouse for a sowing session...am shattered...maybe five minutes!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
        I'm not allowed on here until I've achieved so much of a morning - a self-imposed ban. The Bh was awake early this morning so before 9.30 am I had1. Helped BH out of bed, into shower, helped dry & dress him. Made our bed, resisted getting back into it.2. Sat him at the table with breakfast & pot of tea.3. Dusted & Vacuumed downstairs, delegated upstairs vacuuming to #3 Son.4. Cleaned kitchen, stacked dishwasher, put first load in WM and last night's load in TD.5. Taken meat out of freezer for dinner, chopped onions, celery, carrots and peeled tatties.6. Fielded several phone calls, answered emails, drunk too much coffee.THEN I was allowed to come onto the Vine! Still got a lot of jobs to do this afternoon though, including making a chocolate cake!Jules
        Can I have some of whatever you are on please...I feel lazy now!
        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

VVG, can I ask what a brick Honeypot planter is please? Just in case I want you to make me one!

Comment

You go make your own! Where's my polytunnel

Bricks laid on a round and keep going up until you get a large honeypot shape. Going to fill it with my chickeny compost and plant into it!

Comment

Forgot to add - carrots in pot and two modules of beetroot sown. Now to collapse!

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                You go make your own! Where's my polytunnel

Bricks laid on a round and keep going up until you get a large honeypot shape. Going to fill it with my chickeny compost and plant into it!
                How is that a honeypot shape? Sorry to be thick but are there gaps between the bricks? if so, wouldn't the honey run out?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  How is that a honeypot shape? Sorry to be thick but are there gaps between the bricks? if so, wouldn't the honey run out?
                  If you say so.

Comment

I still haven't a clue what you've made - honest!!

Comment

Aaaargh!!! Think all this rushing around has done strange things to me...I just went to take a swig out of my candle Thankfully realised before I tipped it or got it anywhere near my face.

Must admit, as if this will work for me, I have to be honest. I didn't get all my afternoon jobs done...BUT

I did make the banana cake, and washed up as soon as it went in the oven, have done a little more tidying, AND filled out a job application. Bloomin' hard work when you've been out of the working force for nearly ten years.

AND...the best bit, sat with hte kiddies at the clean dining table to eat a home made kedgeree

...now off to wash up.
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Top Marks, Di! I gave myself the afternoon off for good behaviour. What you doing tomorrow?

Comment

Di, don't be disappointed in yourself just because you didn't achieve everything you wanted - you've still had a productive day. You did really well today!

I get cross with myself for not doing every little job I had mentally listed to do, and it's disparaging and puts me off for the next day, but sometimes I have to stop because I get so tired and I know if I over do it the next day will be a wasted day completely.

I've been asleep in the armchair for the past three hours. The kids got tea going (mine are much older than yours, teens & twenties) and I'm just going to get the chocolate cake going now whilst the oven is on.

Jules
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            . What you doing tomorrow?

Tomorrow??? I was unaware that today had finished

Seriously, I'm going to get dinner things washed up(now it's done, I want to get in the habit of staying on top of it), kiddies to bed and then sit and chill...may find time to make a list of the next things that need doing. Might even make a start on some of the crafty bits I keep saying I'll make.

Thank you everyone, I've had a really good day, possibly my best both motivationally and mentally for several weeks. xx
                            Last edited by di; 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM.
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Di has made Banana cake, Jules - Chocolate cake. You too make me feel so undomesticated. I can't remember the last time I made a cake. And no, it is not a job on the list for tomorrow!

Comment

Making a mess (anywhere, with anything) is what I excel at, but I'm not a bad baker. If you've made a cake no one notices that you haven't vacuumed or dusted.....

Jules
                                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X