No announcement yet.

Snow And Ice Warning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started drizzling here - not yet the white stuff.
    Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
    Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Originally posted by singleseeder View Post
      Just started drizzling here - not yet the white stuff.
      Ooer.... 'tis now officially the white stuff
      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        I don't mind driving in the snow, it's just the other morons on the roads that some how seem to flock to the roads in bad weather :/
        But I not on the roads, YET!

Comment

Snowing quite a lot here not very deep though.
          Rain forecast from 6pm so nice and icy roads tomorrow morning
          Last edited by cardiffsteve; 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

None here but I've decided to go for a kindle snooze. It's too cold even in the house so I need to be under double duvets.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
              But I not on the roads, YET!
              Its OK Steve, I can manage today. You don't need to come up to check if I'm alright in the cold. You stay off the roads if Chris is out and about.
              And Chris, if you're reading this, there's a sign on my road saying it will be closed all next week - use another route to work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                Snowing quite a lot here not very deep though.
                Rain forecast from 6pm so nice and icy roads tomorrow morning
                Same here but I can't get my car down the hill at the moment cos of the snow. Will just have to sit tight until the rain washes it away.

One day I will be able to go up to the lottie!
                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

I'd not attempt your road in the snow!

Just watched some kid drive up around the back of my house on his phone - causing a queue of traffic behind him. grr!!

Comment

I have an image of some kid sitting astride an enormous phone!
                    I've been watching all the clever clogs who believe they simply must come up here in the snow, coming to grief on the hidden ice. Young lad, fell over twice, but he bounced up again. Small car being "rescued" by land rover after first putting orange plastic tracks under the wheels - they just shot out of the side.
                    Its still snowing. Hope the gritters come out tonight.

Comment

The weather station on the shed says it is 0.4C - not snowing yet but it says it is going to !
                      Wind speed is 6.9mph and SE, pressure is 1029.8hpa and falling.
                      The cats' valet.

Comment

Melting as fast as it's falling here. I find myself disappointed. I didn't want any snow but now I'm cheesed because it doesn't look as if we will get any.........

Jules
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

White stuff was pretty while it lasted. Only a dusting settled. Now we have 'orrible cold rain.

Hopefully, it won't get bad until tonight. I might have a trip to the airport at 6ish.

Comment

White stuff was pretty while it lasted. Only a dusting settled. Now we have 'orrible cold rain.

Hopefully, it won't get bad until tonight. I might have a trip to the airport at 6ish.

Oooh, there's an echo in here
                            Last edited by singleseeder; 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

A lad has just pushed a ski bike up the hill. Wonder how long he's been waiting to use that?

Comment

We've got a cm of snow still, I'm hoping for more so we can take the plastic dinghy out to the hill (it's the only time it'll ever get used I reckon)
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X