Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aberdeenplotter's initial post was talking about somebody being sent a bullet in the post. It wasn't talking about whether racial abuse had or had not occurred, or the rights or wrongs of the alleged racial abuse. So when somebody uses that as a springboard to repeat the same arguments that have been repeated on every thread that mentions racist abuse for the last few years, it gets a bit tiresome. Particularly when said post is started with 'I don't know what this is about'. In that case, it isn't even part of the discussion, or relevant to the discussion. So when I say 'change the record', I'm saying it as a member of this forum for nearly 6 years, who's tired of reading the same thing over and over, not as a Mod who is about to close the thread because I don't agree with the views.

When we close threads, it's because the views being posted have either been complained about via the report post button by a number of other people, or where we think breaches of law/privacy/decency have occurred.

And if you have a problem with something a mod has done, like closing a thread, there is a PM system, use that.

Comment

We haven't all been here for 6 years. When I get tired of something I do something else.

Comment

Thin ice in the midlands tonight...
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

When I get tired I have a little nap of forty winks and when I wake up I feel all smiley again.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The discussion has moved totally from the topic in my OP. As Sarzwiz rightly observed, I wasn't making any judgement at all about what was alleged to have taken place on the football field. That matter will be resolved one way or other in the Courts without any input from this Forum and I most certainly didn't want any discussion about this aspect.

The alleged crime could have been any crime and in terms of my OP is irrelevant.

I felt strongly that the act of putting someone in fear of their life by sending in this instance a bullet/shotgun cartridge or whatever( depending on what report you read ) was/is abhorrent and to be deprecated and asked for agreement about that point only.

It would be a shame if the Mods decided to close this thread because others have decided to try to hijack it to try to get over their own narrow minded views but if they have to do so they will have my unqualified support.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
              The discussion has moved totally from the topic in my OP. As Sarzwiz rightly observed, I wasn't making any judgement at all about what was alleged to have taken place on the football field. That matter will be resolved one way or other in the Courts without any input from this Forum and I most certainly didn't want any discussion about this aspect.

The alleged crime could have been any crime and in terms of my OP is irrelevant.

I felt strongly that the act of putting someone in fear of their life by sending in this instance a bullet/shotgun cartridge or whatever( depending on what report you read ) was/is abhorrent and to be deprecated and asked for agreement about that point only.

It would be a shame if the Mods decided to close this thread because others have decided to try to hijack it to try to get over their own narrow minded views but if they have to do so they will have my unqualified support.
              Unfortunately AP - it seems that some people think otherwise. How you can ever equate that to a 'silly sense of humour' is way beyond me. No matter how tired we get of this viewpoint; it should always be challenged.

Comment

What narrow minded views?
                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  When I get tired I have a little nap of forty winks and when I wake up I feel all smiley again.
                  Me 2 honey...in fact I might have 40 now
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

A quick search on the BBC website turns up that this is not an isolated thing in football, quite a few people involved with Celtic have had bullets in the post to them over the last couple of years. Also a few news items about people in NI having received the same thing. Obviously I'm no expert, but would appear to be a common sectarian way of administering a threat

Comment

Zaz, unfortunately, sometimes just by responding to comments like "silly sense of humour" encourages those who make make them. I nearly choked when I read it but chose to ignore although I fully understand why others felt the need to react. I'd much rather that folks just responded to the issue without trying to futher their own agenda.

Comment

... It would be a shame if the Mods decided to close this thread
                        Yes, it would be but I have my finger hovering over the big shiney button
                        Please can we all try and get back to the OP and try not to let this get out of hand. Thank you
                        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          A quick search on the BBC website turns up that this is not an isolated thing in football, quite a few people involved with Celtic have had bullets in the post to them over the last couple of years. Also a few news items about people in NI having received the same thing. Obviously I'm no expert, but would appear to be a common sectarian way of administering a threat
                          A bit like a horse's head in Italy? Silly behaviour. Some folks need to get a hobby like growing veg

Comment

If there was only a forum like that around here somewhere
                            Last edited by cardiffsteve; 28-01-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                              If there was only a forum like that around here somewhere
                              There is sometimes!

Comment

I've never seen it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X