Kindle..........can i delay any longer?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL!

I was the same 'new fangled technology, I like a real book to hold' - right up to the point I spent a weekend with a kindle. I've never looked back.

They are excellent aren't they!

Comment

My brother bought a kindle for my mom for Xmas ( tbh- I thought it was a daft idea as she's 84 and wouldn't get the hang of it)

...truth is- she's thrilled to bits with it!!!!...30 odd free books...print the size she needs it....you learn something every day don't ya??? !
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
        I have never fancied a kindle. I like books, real books. I like the feel of them, the smell of them, everything about them.
        MrH for some inexplicable reason bought me a Kindle for Christmas. I have just got round to turning it on.

It's flaming brilliant!!! So many books to choose and so cheap!!!!
        Loving it
        Same here - Totally bemused when I opened my present from OH on Christmas morning - but Im lovin' it!

Comment

OH got me one for Crimbo. I'll always use real books too but already I like it far more than I'd expected. Am even using it at the moment on the experimental settimg. My brother has given me a CD of a few thousand books and it's difficult to kmow where to start. Love the fact that I cam read in poor light simply by increasing the font size. Only down point was the case that I was also bought wasn't the right size so I need to send it back.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

the BH got a shedload of Amazon vouchers for Christmas, so he wants one now. My 78 yr old mum has one - she loves it. I bought her this as part of her Christmas; Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - The: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

After reading this thread, I want one too, but I think I've exceeded my quota of Christmas pressies and my vouchers don't add up to the amount the BH got....boo!

Jules
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Only 7 months til July Jules!!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ssshhhh......love the pressies but really don't need the 'birthday' bit - getting on now!

This whole Kindle thing has opened a can of worms. One of our visitors has just thrown in 'forget the Kindle, get something like a 10.2" tablet with Google Android' so I googled Google Android....oh my goodness....I'm embracing my inner geek and I want one. I want one quite badly and some are cheaper than a Kindle. Oh help!!

Jules
                Jules

Comment

Jules, it's really quite simple. You just need to get your head round the difference between 'want' and 'need!'

Then, when you've saved up enough money, you can ignore that, and buy one anyway.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Jules, it's really quite simple. You just need to get your head round the difference between 'want' and 'need!'

Then, when you've saved up enough money, you can ignore that, and buy one anyway.
                    RFLMAO......I may want one, but I'm not buying one. I'll be ok in the morning. I hope.

Jules
                    Jules

Comment

Depends on what you want it for, I like the fact it's like proper paper so I don't get a headache reading a kindle. Tablets etc are great but they're not as good for reading. I prefer to have a laptop for internet and computing and keep reading basically separate as the back lighting would give me a headache and you can't read it in the sun.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Can you buy Kindle books in a charity shop? Can you pass them on to a friend once you've read them? If you drop them in the bath and they're unreadable, can you use them as kindling on the fire?
                        Until you can do these things with a Kindle, I'm sticking with the real thing.

Comment

Those are reasons why I don't think a kindle will ever fully replace a real book for me BUT there are advantages and although I might not have bought it for myself I do like it. Especially when I'm travelling and I don't have to try and carry all the books I want to read - it's getting silly with luggage allowances these days

Comment

You can get ebooks from a library, and you will soon be able to lend books to a friend. (You can do it now with some faffing around with software and changing formats) You can read it in in the bath if you put it in a ziplock bag, and you'll save a few forests by not buying the paper books in the first place.
                            I love books, but they have to be absolute twaddle for me to part with them, and we're running out of house to store them in... So the Kindle is a sanity saver for me, and the people I have to share the house with

Comment

ah but if you fall asleep reading a book and it leaps out of your hand onto the floor as they do, no harm done. A ninety quid kindle isn't so resistant to dunts. Just ask my better half, I shouldn't laugh really but ....

Comment

Unlucky! I've dropped mine a good few times, and my not-cheap mobile phone too, and they're both still fully-functional

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X