Oh, for a book....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northepaul View Post
    Currently reading 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Niffenegger - (author of Time Travellers Wife) - so far so good, although its a bit slow in places. (Supposed to be a ghost story)
    I read that, it does get better, although I wasn't enthralled by the ending. I found it easier to read than The Time Traveller's Wife, which was hard going at certain points.

Comment

• Went off at a complete tangent! Son and DIL bought two books for Himself's birthday. One was Lynda La Plant 'Blind Fury'. Picked it up and I've nearly finished it, it's made quite a change. Gawd knows why they bought it for Himself, he only reads Sporting autobiographies. The other one is a John Grisham!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I have tried to get my OH to read something different than historical biographies or events - the closest I got was with Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel and Dissolution by CJ Sansom, which are fiction based on fact.... I always try to stetch my literary knowledge.

Comment

• I finished The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo this week. I struggled to begin with as it flicked between multiple stories and time periods but once it went to one time period it i really enjoyed it. It was really gripping and I shall be reading more of his book.

Comment

• Has anyone read "Don't Let Me Go" by Catherine Ryan? Just wondered if it was any good, I haven't come across Catherine Ryan before.

Comment

• I read Eat, Pray Love on holiday. Brilliant book
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Thanks Fi. I've just had a look at Elizabeth Gilbert's website, I must admit I've not heard of her before either, worth a try.

Comment

• It made me laugh out loud, at least it did once I got past the fairly depressing bits at the beginning
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Currently reading some Susan Hill ghost stories...the Small Hand, pretty good so far.

I already re-read Turn of the Screw, which I love but found over time it's lost it's impact...perhaps its cos I have got older!

Comment

• Did I tell you I bought "War Horse" Michael Morpurgo for my middle Golden Girl? Read it myself first. Brilliant children's book, worth a read. Didn't realise it was a play in the West End.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X