No announcement yet.

What Have You Lost In This Winter?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have lost my toes this winter,hopefully i will see them again in the spring
    i dont suffer with insanity i enjoy every minute of it

Comment

I lost my leeks this winter. Foolishly I took the advice of someone who said frost helps the taste of leeks, so I lot them stay in during the cold spell. Leeks were tasteless and tuff.

Comment

I lost my leeks too; my tree peony looks like it's had it and I'm sure there will be lots of other casualties - time will tell.

Comment

My leeks are still alright, they did look a little sorry for themselves after the hard frosts, but they've come back.
          Next year plant some hardier leeks and they should be OK.
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Lost pretty much all of my herbs over xmas when I was ine the middle east for 2 weeks - Sage, thyme, rosmary, mint, as well as a few outdoor pot plants Strawbs, blueberries and garlic are still OK though thankfully! Although I am currently in asia so who knows what will happen once I'm back in a few weeks !! I am quite looking forward to spending spring at home and tending to the garden which is looking very sorry for itself

Comment

Some varieties of leeks are not hardy and need to be eaten early Winter. Check the labels when buying.

Comment

I thought I had lost my Sweet Cicely, as I had lost one the previous year. However yesterday I was out and clearing up the rhubarb and found the first shoots from my Sweet Cicely - it's alive So fingers crossed nothing lost this year (so far)
                Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 30-01-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

My Ladys Mantle plant, I love this little plant and found a self seeved one in the garden last Autumn, potted it up carefully and put it in the green house. Just been to have a look at it and it has rotted and gone mouldy
                  Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X