• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Fag off?
    Te he...Ya got the first letter and the last word right Zaz and me a Lady

Comment

I'm walking to town to buy OH a bday pressie as nothing has arrived due to all the snow we've had. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
        My OH's Mum pestered his Dad to get the car out because she'd ran out of fags...they got stuck. I think she thought they were essential...Enough said. She rang me to see if I could get her some...you can guess what I told her .
        I would walk a mile to the nearest fag shop and back if I had run out. Even though their prices are extortionate. Essential, yes.

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        It's becoming essential that I walk to the paper shop for a Twirl and a Crunchie ...
        Another essential journey yes.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Over the years I have walked the "essential" journey to work or back home (over 2 miles), but I physically can't do it now, so I take annual leave. I would however expect the young and strong to try to walk in, particularly those living within 10 mins walk.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I have walked 12 miles round trip - some on the Trans Pennine Trail with 2 foot deep snow. Arrived at work after 1.5 hours walking, freezing and auditioning for the position of Frosty the snowman - were they appreciative....they wouldn't even make me a drink I had to make my own............... My job is essential apparently despite the fact that Ginger Ninger mentions they told people not to go out today. It won't be happening tomorrow I think I might respond from my bed should someone need me. AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!! There is no hope of me getting the St Tropez sledge (Renault Clio)off the street with the current levels of snow and it is still going!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
            Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Essential? work, if you need the money, doctors or hospital if you need it and shop if you need food/lekky/water etc. but I wouldn't drive if there was ice on the roads to any of these things! I ended up warning the boss last year in the snow that I might be running abit late as I walked into work (2.5 mile each way) and none of the paths were gritted so it was taking over an hour, my work is essential as I work as a support worker so I must get in. last year one of our guys had to do something that we'd usually drive to, except we couldnt drive, so we walked him the 5 mile round trip to do it in another location - he was ahppy enough, although i was knackered by the end of the day doing over 10 miles in ice and snow, but job done

Comment

I make sure that the staff who make it into work are highly commended, it is important to value the effort they have made.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket* View Post
                  I have walked 12 miles round trip - ...There is no hope of me getting the .... (Renault Clio) off the street with the current levels of snow and it is still going!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Radio 2's Sally Traffic has been saying if you live in Yorkshire, don't use the roads.
                  And, you sprained your ankle walking in all that snow didn't you?
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Clios are dreadful in the snow, so not driving mine! Will walk to shop for food and fags
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      And, you sprained your ankle walking in all that snow didn't you?
                      Oh that was you watching me as I went head over heels and barely managed to maintain my dignity

Barely able to keep my eyes open, would it be an essential journey to be in bed by 8pm??
                      Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                      Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

I'm usually in bed by 8pm, so knock yourself out
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a motorbike so I can't get anywhere my bike is snowed in but you have to shovel the snow somewhere. I miss my cub

Comment

Originally posted by RoadCar View Post
                            I have a motorbike so I can't get anywhere my bike is snowed in but you have to shovel the snow somewhere. I miss my cub
                            Tiger cub?
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I have to go to work too (support worker) otherwise those crazy kids would either run off or beat us up, the scallywags. It's essential to most of us but you get the odd one who decides it isn't and phones in the day before claiming they can't get out Took me 2 hours to get home and the same to get there (usually 20 min) Craziness. Chocolate and wine would also be classed as essential, although I would be happy to walk for that

What's annoying is I did both journeys without drama or incident, save the odd minor skid. When I got home and was attempting - with help of Himself - to find and clear somewhere to put me car I slipped and fell on me pancreas. Ouch. Stupid slippery white stuff.
                              Last edited by Shadylane; 01-12-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Didn't get to administer to my chooks yesterday.

Must make a concerted effort today/tonight, even if it means walking the seven miles to the allotment! Joy!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X