X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Cobalt Blue & Silver -
    Same here. They're his team colours.

We've just decorated the sitting room in terracotta and bronze though, so that might have to change

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    ... I [would have] to throw away all the beautiful old and mismatched baubles I have collected over the years.
    We have some of those, I just hide them under something more tasteful
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-12-2010, 07:07 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

buzzingtalk - PaperCh have the most lovley set of little tiney tiny baubles in a brown card board box.....how fantastic - I think you get 100 of them.....my tree is 'full' but I am working on it....take ages to thread though

Comment

My tree from a couple of years ago.
        Attached Files
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

ps My tree is mostly decorated in maroon and gold with little (not real) candle lights, which were bought with the £10 we won on the first ever lottery - funny thing is we also won £10 on the 10th anniversary of the lottery, just had to buy outside lights for the little pine tree in the garden - silly soppy HF!
          Last edited by Headfry; 01-12-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
            I still have at least one small paper chinese lantern that was on the tree when we were little, that stay's safely in the box cos I dont want it to get ruined.
            That's really sad that you never get to see it, I celebrate our delicate old deccies and although I'd be dead sad if they got ruined I'd much rather that then I missed out on them.

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            We have some of those, I just hide them under something more tasteful
            But what could be more tasteful than looking at the handpainted angel faces which I know where on my mum's tree as a child, the tatty old star my (now deceased) nan loved or the loud red bauble that my neice bought when she was 5? I know you were only teasing but to me Christmas is about my family and friends and my old deccies give me a tie to family that I no longer have or who aren't with me and that's so much nicer than anything designed and I love remembering as I unpack. I could tell a story about almost every one of our tree decorations and the fact that ones OH has bought don't in theory go with mine but yet can sit together is really comforting to me.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I'll take pics, but they won't be on here until well into January, or I might put on a couple of the old ones from last year (and previous) since the results will be very similar.
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I'm with you on that Alison! it's all about memories

Comment

I've already put up 2 x 6ft trees in the living room.

1st is a modern white tree with white lights, snowball baubles, 2 sizes of mirror baubles and some tiny silver baubles. Finished off with a silver star on top of the tree and small silver crackers in among the branches.

2nd is traditional green tree with white lights, a mixture of red and gold baubles, a mix of red and gold stars, gold rope kind of thing and a mix of red, green and gold crackers, topped off with a red angel.

The traditional tree is next to the fire place, which also has like a green swag type thing drapped over the mantle and has a string of white lights attached and some red and gold little gift boxes.

I enjoy putting up all the extra lights and find it makes the place feel cosy, but I don't have any other decorations up or cards hanging around the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                    I'm with you on that Alison! it's all about memories
                    Yes, some of us (well I used to) use 'memory' or 'family tradition' AS the colour scheme! I had loads of decs from my parent's house, but I think a lot of them were in the fire....
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

No tree here, lounge only 12' square & already full
                      But we will put up the cards.
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

Ours was purple last year, but the decs got crushed in the move earlier in the year. I've been accumulating some 'homemade' style decs gisela graham ones (including really cute gingerbread men).

I went to the OH's folks for Christmas in Florida last year and they had some lovely decorations. His mum goes a bit OTT, Christmas music 24-7 (luckily they have Christmas FM for her), but she has some lovely decorations saved through the years and that's what I want to start.

Comment

Mine (like Bubblewrap's) can be any colour you wish and can even change colours day by day, hour by hour or even minute by minute, yes I too will have the VIT up over the seasonal period.

VIT = Virtual ImaginaryTree

(Then someone will bully me into getting the little pre-decorated green tree out of its bag, just so the cats can have endless fun knocking it over)
                          The cats' valet.

Comment

I can't wait to buy a real one this year, first real one for 7 years, I love the smell and I don't even mind the needles

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                              I can't wait to buy a real one this year, first real one for 7 years, I love the smell and I don't even mind the needles
                              Tip that I got from my MiL - Spread an old cotton bed-sheet over the area your tree is going to stand. Scrunch up the edges, a fitted sheet is best, as it scrunches up itself, and almost all the needles will be contained by the sheet! Then, after Christmad, you just roll it up and carry it to wherever you want to dispose of the needles! Seeeemples!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie View Post
                                I've already put up 2 x 6ft trees in the living room.

1st is a modern white tree with white lights, snowball baubles, 2 sizes of mirror baubles and some tiny silver baubles. Finished off with a silver star on top of the tree and small silver crackers in among the branches.

2nd is traditional green tree with white lights, a mixture of red and gold baubles, a mix of red and gold stars, gold rope kind of thing and a mix of red, green and gold crackers, topped off with a red angel.

The traditional tree is next to the fire place, which also has like a green swag type thing drapped over the mantle and has a string of white lights attached and some red and gold little gift boxes.

I enjoy putting up all the extra lights and find it makes the place feel cosy, but I don't have any other decorations up or cards hanging around the place.
                                Wow Dottie that sounds fabulous, you must live in a mansion
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X